Notices

Boyne Thunder feedback!!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

We REALLY had a blast. This was the first Poker Run I've attended outside of Key West that the ENTIRE town was excited to have us there.

Same comments on Lunch. The restaurants had no idea what they were in for. The food was good, but the service/wait was terrible.

The catered food was RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME!!!!

As an out of towner/first timer, we were a little unfamiliar with stops; but it wasn't that big of a deal. A little more guidance would have been great. We were not aware that the "last stop" was different than the marina where we started at. Definitely not upset about it, as we put it on the trailer early an avoided the storm; all so we could get on the road the next morning--just a little more guidance would have been great as the places/names/maps are all Greek for first timers.

I liked the length of the run, but part of the fun of a long run is running in a group. Everyone was so spaced out; that many folks ended up running solo following wakes.

And last, if we are going to use the far dock across the way for overflow boats; a couple of golf carts running back and forth would have been great. It was quite a trek over and back when carrying gear/tools/coolers etc.

One of my favorite poker runs ever!

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great time as well. Deffinitely agree lunch was a mess and would have liked to see some of the bigger boats run but oh well, still had fun! shuttle woulda been nice too for those of us that were stuck in a different zip code... just sayin.. lol
Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's not forget Jay Nichols he is the best with the lens. if I was on the Boyne Thunder committee I would have his plane ticket booked for 2013 already. Jay your the Man !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by firebird355
Had a great time as well. Deffinitely agree lunch was a mess and would have liked to see some of the bigger boats run but oh well, still had fun! shuttle woulda been nice too for those of us that were stuck in a different zip code... just sayin.. lol
This you?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 114 Likes on 34 Posts

Just want to thank all the Marshall Boats that helped me by showing up!! I said the party was great , but just want those guys to know how much they mean to the run. Could not pull it off without all of the support on the water!!! One of these year I hope to get to talk to more of the people, but I had a great time!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a blast! My first time running a poker run and I thought everything was very well organized, the people helping docking and at the launch ramp was an excellent touch, my wife didnt have to chase a 3 year old and docklines at the same time. The volunteers and folks who put this on A+
The food and drinks superb.

Everybody we met and talked to really made this event spectacular and an awesome thing to be apart of.

Like acouple others said......what happened to the 55 thing?

The lunch in char was a little mixed up but when I heard from a few others about the waits, and seen a few others pull out, I took off and used that to get a jump on the group........which was awesome because I then got the chance to see alot of the boats pass by in smaller groups, compared to the half that passed on charlevoix and packed in and around. It just made the first leg pretty rough with all the cross wakes all the way.

Dont take anything negative too bad, once again its my first time, my boat NEEDS hydro steering, and its slow, so I gotta complain about something

For me, the second leg was awesome, Not so many cross wakes, a couple nice rollers in the mix and getting to watch the other boats coming and going between the stops.

Either way cant wait for next year
Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

Awesome Poker Run! Looking forward to next year.

Good people, sweet hardware, clear water, the list goes on!

I have no problem with more boats, just spread them out in 3 groups with a staggerd start.

The length of the coarse was fun. I do miss beaver island though. If you had to shorten it you could put the card stop boat at the tip of Old Mission.

Charlevoix lunch tasted great and our service was good. Yeah the wait could have been shorter but I was not surprised.

Even though most the participants were confused on the parade lap it was much safer and better then the old way.

Stereo wars needs a 3 person judge panel that is blindfolded and rates each boat by clarity/sound/etc from standing at the dock behind the boat. (inside the boat would be better but they might fall being blind folded!)

Food was great

Dock hands were great

Town support was AWESOME

Jays pics are the best!

Overall the event was one to remember. Obviously nothing is perfect in life but if everything turns out as great as Boyne Thunder life would be nice! Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Registered

Hope all had a great time, the wife and myself were planing on showing up with the kids on Friday to see all the bling!!! but unfortunately her grandfather passed away and we had a change of plans. (Pete) give me a call I heard about the bad news, and I might have a solution.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
This you?

Yea, thats me.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueOval
Just want to thank all the Marshall Boats that helped me by showing up!! I said the party was great , but just want those guys to know how much they mean to the run. Could not pull it off without all of the support on the water!!! One of these year I hope to get to talk to more of the people, but I had a great time!
X 2 & a big Thanx 2 Shaun & Angie 4 help'n the Iceman out!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.