Notices

lake cumberland poker run

Old 08-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I heard the owner of Conley Bottom made a real spectacle of himself in front of everybody last year by going off on a poker runner who dared to bring a beer on to his dock. Screw Conley Bottom. If you want to do a lunch run I would suggest meeting at the dam and then running past the State Dock a few miles up Wolf Creek to Wolf Creek Marina. Although they don't sell beer they will allow you to bring it on the dock and actually offer you a iced mug to put it in. Their food is very good and they have an awesome outside Tiki Hut. Just a thought.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

We might be interested in the lunch run if we make it there and have a a running boat.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

We would be up for a lunch run. I have not been back to Conley nor do I intend to.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in for a lunch run too.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I would be in for a lunch run on Friday.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in the lunch run if we arrive in time. Hoping to be there around 11:00 local time. I've heard good things about Wolf Creek Marina. What time is everyone meeting, and where? I'd be coming from the dam.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I threw out Conley because thats where we went last year... I am fine with going wherever. I am a big fan of Wolf Creek Marina.

So should we meet out in front of State Dock around 11ish and ride do the dam and hang out then head to Wolf Creek for a late lunch?

I figured we would start out at State dock since that's where the majority of people will be since they host the Poker Run.

Im just throwing ideas out there...
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd be up for a run. I'm heading out of NKY around 7 or so and launch from Alligator 1. Are ya'll talking 11am EST or lake time?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I heard the owner of Conley Bottom made a real spectacle of himself in front of everybody last year by going off on a poker runner who dared to bring a beer on to his dock. Screw Conley Bottom. If you want to do a lunch run I would suggest meeting at the dam and then running past the State Dock a few miles up Wolf Creek to Wolf Creek Marina. Although they don't sell beer they will allow you to bring it on the dock and actually offer you a iced mug to put it in. Their food is very good and they have an awesome outside Tiki Hut. Just a thought.
lol yeah the owner(s) are a buncha d!cks at conley. i put my boat in there sometimes cus its close and easy...but i dont hang ou tthere. they have jumped my **** before over NOTHING! came in one day with my radio playin (and it was just a stock radio at that) and he ran out and met us as we were tying up. threatened to take us all to jail...so on and so forth. we said "f you" and left. his little "security" team are a buncha a$$ bags to.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
I threw out Conley because thats where we went last year... I am fine with going wherever. I am a big fan of Wolf Creek Marina.

So should we meet out in front of State Dock around 11ish and ride do the dam and hang out then head to Wolf Creek for a late lunch?

I figured we would start out at State dock since that's where the majority of people will be since they host the Poker Run.

Im just throwing ideas out there...

How does this sound - have everyone get the to dam individually and start gathering at the dam from say 12:00 eastern time on. Hang out a bit for stragglers and then around 12:30 eastern run together as a group up to Wolf Creek Marina for lunch?

For those who don't know the lake just take care and slow it down when heading into Wolf Creek. It's a bit narrow and you have to take a pretty good right hand turn not long after entering it to get to the marina. Depending on how my day goes I hope to be out there in my red Advantage with the red Bimini. I'll give them a call and let them know that they might have a crowd coming in for lunch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.