2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th >

2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save the Date! Applications will be available in the next few weeks.
I would like to take the chance to thank you in advance for participating in this year’s event. We are looking forward to another fun and safe run. Last year with less than favorable weather we had 64 boats registered and ran 60 boats. The parties were also great with over 230 people on Saturday. One of the great things about our run is the ability to run and alternate course if the weather does not cooperate. This being said for the first time in many years we had to use this course eliminating the lake and beach. The courses will remain the same for 2013 with our main course ending at Sunset Bay Beach. In 2012 we paid out $3,100 in cash prizes and made a record donation of $4,000 to our charity, Excalibur Leisure Skills.

This year we plan to grow this event with more boats and larger pay outs. We are excited to announce that last year’s photographer Tim Sharky of Sharky Images will be returning. So if you did not get that perfect shot of your boat we can try again. Like last year he will be pre-selling packages through www.sharkey-images.com with a money back guarantee if you do not like your photos.

We ask that the entry forms are back to us by July 1st, 2013 to receive the early registration price. Knowing that it is difficult to obtain a final count for the passengers on your boat prior to July 1st, 2013 we will allow you to add passengers at a later date without penalty. We ask that the boat and driver are registered. This will allow us to plan for parking and docking and to ensure our event runs smoothly and in a timely fashion. This year we will have 72 gifts for the first 72 drivers that register. We are adding this value to encourage you to register early.

As always, this is a US Coast Guard Approved Event and PFD’s are required when on plane. Boats that do not follow the Rules and Safety Regulations will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS! All boats participating in this event are required to carry insurance with a minimum water liability of $300,000. If you are not sure of your coverage please contact your insurance before registering. We will need a copy of your declaration page showing your liability levels. Boats without insurance will not be able to run. We will refuse ANY boat without INSURANCE and or PROPER PAPERWORK.

Each boat based on their planned top speed is to adhere to the following passenger restrictions:
• 0 to 70 mph is to have all persons on board 18 years of age and younger be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian while the boat is being operated.
• 70 mph to 110 mph is limited to all passengers being over 18 years of age.
• 110 mph or faster are not allowed to have back seat passengers and all persons on board must be over 18 years of age.

Please have all paper work with you prior to run. Please visit our website www.buffalopokerrun.com or visit us on FACEBOOK (WNYOPA) for pictures from last year along with www.sharkey-images.com. We also try to keep you updated on new details.

TEMPLETON LANDING, BUFFALO, NEW YORK
AUGUST 9TH & 10TH, 2013
Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Default Pictures and Video

If you attended last year. Post some pictures and videos up here so the new guys can get a feel for this great event.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Default Great Video from 2012

Here is a great video from the start of the run in the Lake.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjv24jUmn7c[/YOUTUBE]
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Registered

Hopefully the boat will be completed by then, planning on making this event my first poker run!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

We had seven first time runners this year. It's a great run.
Originally Posted by mgoblue06
Hopefully the boat will be completed by then, planning on making this event my first poker run!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Save the date. We would love to have you join us.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered

Any ideas to include in 2013? We are always looking to add to the experience.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Biggest change for 2013? I'm coming!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I really like what you've proposed for rule changes for next year. Just so you know, I will be proposing some rule changes (quite possibly borrowing yours too) to the Rochester Offshore board at the next club meeting. And of course we'll share them with you. I talked to Marc Blondin (Smoke on the Water) at length last week and he gave me some great ideas to think about. Let's take the lead (together) on safe, high performance boating events before somebody else does it for us. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Registered

The run will remain around the $200 mark for Boat and Driver again this year. We are finalizing a few details and we should have the new preregistration forms out soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.