Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012 >

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012

Notices

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012

Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012

Well it's that time of the year that the temps are dropping and the leaves are changing. So it must be time for our Hudson River Fall Fun Run to Kingston, NY.

Sunday, October 7th we will be launching out of Cannonball Marina and leaving the marina by 11am sharp. We will head north up the river stopping at all bridges for a short break to let the slower boats catch up. We will travel the 60 or so miles up to Roundout Creek where we will have lunch at the Steel House Restaurant located in Kingston, NY.

After a nice river side lunch and some conversation we will make the trek back down to Stoney Point where we will end our day by loading up the boats and heading over to the Hudson Water Club to just chill and BS before we say good bye to yet another great boating season.

Remember this is just a fun run so its free for anyone to come join us. Bring the wife, kids, girlfriend, and friends and lets have some fun before the snow flies. THIS IS NOT A RACE..... We are getting together to cruise the Hudson and take in the scenery, not break any speed records. So a cruise speed of 50 to 60 with a few short bursts may occasionally happen along the way. All participants must wear a PDF while on the boat at "ALL TIMES" and driver must wear his lanyard. Safety is my #1 priority so if you dont plan on following some simple rules please dont show up......

I have already contacted the helicopter guy and he is penciled in for Sunday. Last year we hired him for 2-1/2 hours and everyone was very happy and received some great photos of there boats running. Now, the helicopter is very expensive so just like last year I ask that anyone who wants a chance to get aerial shots of their boat to chip in $50.00 to cover the cost of the helicopter. I need a count on who would be interested because if there is not enough interest I will not hire him.

Also Tim Sharkey of Sharkey Images will be doing the photography from the helicopter. He has packages of photos and he will be selling these packages here in advance and at the boat ramp the day of the event. The helicopter fee is a separate item from the pictures.

At the Steel House Restaurant there will be a buffet style lunch. We will be selling wrist bands at the launch ramp in the morning so that when we get to the restaurant we can go right in and eat. Lunch will be $25.00 per person and will include:

Garden Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Penne Ala Vodka
Fettucini Alfredo with Broccoli and Chicken
Dessert and Soda

We will also conduct a 50/50 at the resturant during lunch. Last years winner walked away with a nice lump of change and we took the other 50% and made a donation to the Make- A-Wish Foundation of the Hudson Valley.

Please let me know who is in and how many will be attending the lunch stop so i can finalize reservations and let the helicopter guy know if he is a definate.

Thanks Anthony
Nordic95
1-732-921-3355 cell if you have any questions.

Launch Marina
http://marinas.com/view/marina/203_C...Stony_Point_NY

Lunch stop
http://www.steelhouse.us/

End of the run restaurant for drinks etc.
http://www.hudsonwaterclub.com/

Last edited by nordic95; 09-10-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in w/ between 2-4 people plus the boost for the helicopter
Old 09-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered

I'm in with 6, plus heli. Keith and Tim make for some excellent shots. My favorite run that I look to yearly.

Nice write-up from last years
http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/inde...r-fall-fun-run
Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm,,,
Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in two as of now.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

I might be interested in attending this run....... just have a few questions..... Is there a ramp at the Marina where the run begins or one near by ? If there is, how is the ramp at low tide, and will there be a few others using the ramp ? also would anyone else be towing in from L.I. the morning of the run ? I have never towed north before and would need to know the correct route to take.......
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Registered

If I were to attend I would definatly be in on the heli....... would love some pics of my boat from Tim Sharkey.......
Old 09-11-2012, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Great news I would like to attend this event sounds like a lot of fun count me in, I will give you a count later
Rich
Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hi Group again I will be crossing under the narrows from NJ if anyone wants to join me, launching from Atlantic Highlands great ramp and a fun crossing.
Rich
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
I might be interested in attending this run....... just have a few questions..... Is there a ramp at the Marina where the run begins or one near by ? If there is, how is the ramp at low tide, and will there be a few others using the ramp ? also would anyone else be towing in from L.I. the morning of the run ? I have never towed north before and would need to know the correct route to take.......
Thanks for your interest, there are two ramps at the marina which we start at. One (preferred) is pretty decent. Wide but gets murky near low tide. We usually let the larger boats go in as close to high tide as possible with the same for the way out. We generally all use thermal and help each other to make it a quick process. As for the long island thing I'm sure someone from the area will chime in. Hope to see you there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.