2013 Tickfaw 200 May 2nd-4th

Notices

2013 Tickfaw 200 May 2nd-4th

Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Lazy ass can't even clean his own boat!?! Wtf BZ! You gettin' old?
He said since you arent coming this year he has no one to wax his boat !!!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

You river dwellers better get 'em cleaned up.

I charge extra for that level of photoshop.

Looking forward to this one- my first trip to TicFaw.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

glad you're making the trip down...well, I guess technically its up for you huh?!?! Its always a good time for sure!!!

Last edited by LAriverratt; 04-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am picking up my new to me boat this weekend. I have been wanting to do this run for year and was thinking this might be the perfect opportunity to do the run and break in the new boat. LOL. I called a couple hotels yesterday and there are still a few rooms left in Hammond. What I was wondering is what is the slip overnight situation @ Blood River? From the tread and the website it looks like everbody puts in Friday morning but what does everybody do @ night pull them out or raft them up overnight? Also is there plenty of trailer parking or do you have to take you trailer back to the hotel? If I would have to put it on the trailer every night can it be left @ Blood River or do I have to go back to the hotel with it everyday? Just trying to figure out the details. Really want to try to make it down.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obnoxus
He said since you arent coming this year he has no one to wax his boat !!!
I believe there is probably much truth to this! Lol. That was probably the ONLY wax that boat saw all last year! I'm too nice a guy.

Jay...hang on to your hat, son. Its a poker run like nothing you've ever experienced before! Have a great time!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:27 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 150 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrocket929
I am picking up my new to me boat this weekend. I have been wanting to do this run for year and was thinking this might be the perfect opportunity to do the run and break in the new boat. LOL. I called a couple hotels yesterday and there are still a few rooms left in Hammond. What I was wondering is what is the slip overnight situation @ Blood River? From the tread and the website it looks like everbody puts in Friday morning but what does everybody do @ night pull them out or raft them up overnight? Also is there plenty of trailer parking or do you have to take you trailer back to the hotel? If I would have to put it on the trailer every night can it be left @ Blood River or do I have to go back to the hotel with it everyday? Just trying to figure out the details. Really want to try to make it down.
its first come first serve for parking in the marian. there is a canal system next to it that lest us use it to put boats in also. so parking not a issue. trailers can be dropped off on the empty lots along the road headed into the marina. launch on thursay or friday and leave the boat in the water. give me a call and will answer everything you need to know. 225-445-2110 casey.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Jay...hang on to your hat, son. Its a poker run like nothing you've ever experienced before! Have a great time!
I have heard some stories.

Got some new hardware on order for my phone.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Tickfaw 200 May 2nd-4th-galaxytelx.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, as the run gets closer, of course I trailer the boat back to the house for a cleaning. Fire it up to head to launch and port motor sounds a little - off. Sure enough, it's hitting on 6 out of 8, got a knock in it and got a beautiful chocolate shake under the valve covers. Really? 3 weeks before the run?

Never fear. Saw a definite problem with one of the head gaskets and the knock was a poly-lock that backed off (imagine that). Got the heads at the machine shop, will be ready Friday and making smoke Saturday. All it did was put my original tasks (detail job, oil and drive oil changes) a little behind schedule. I thrive under pressure - Bring It!!!

Jay, great to hear you're going to be there. I don't have any really good aerial shots of the boat so hopefully we can fix that!!!

23 days and counting. Time to get my liver in fighting shape! This one's gonna hurt, I'm afraid!!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will Joe R. make it now that he's under pressure. All that's left transom assembly, drive, and engine times 2. 23 days few hours oh yeah and my stereo. Time to get it
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrocket929

Had ALL the same questions a year ago......trust me Casey and the guys down there make it EASY just GO its like no other party you have ever been to...OH and you get to boat all week-end too.....LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.