2013 Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 21-23 >

2013 Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 21-23

Notices

2013 Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 21-23

Old 07-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowfiero88
Had a great time Justin! Thanks for you time and effort it took to put this together. We ran last year and this year and will probably run next year as well.

The main reason we run is for the pics. Its not often that you can get great heli pics of the boat airborne! That being said, there was not 1 pic of my boat from the heli...... a total of 4 pics were taken, 1~blurry, 1~OK at best, and 2~that are good (all from water level) Angela takes great "still shots" but action shots are not her deal. I will say I could not do any better but then again I am not a photographer !! After hours of going through all the pics and only finding 4, you can imagine my disappointment. What I noticed was there were very few to no heli pics of the yellow group taking off. IDK if she lost those pics or something happened Nothing that you had a part of but still a disappointment and I am sure the heli rental and her fee was not cheap!

All in all, still looking forward to next year
I have to agree. I'm in the same boat as you. Well... faster boat, same issue! I didn't get any heli pics either. I got 3-4 bad shots out of focus, at a poor angle.

There are many aspects of a poker run. For me, I have no interest in the party/band/night scene. But a great running picture from a helicopter was a important part of the run.

But, I do know its impossible to get a great shot of every boat.

One issue I've always had was how the Helicopter always gets 50 awesome pictures of all the bas ass MTIs, etc. They should spread out their effort more. One point, is the guys who have the big bad MTIs etc have 1,000 pictures of their boat running from every run they attend.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yellowfiero88
Had a great time Justin! Thanks for you time and effort it took to put this together. We ran last year and this year and will probably run next year as well.

The main reason we run is for the pics. Its not often that you can get great heli pics of the boat airborne! That being said, there was not 1 pic of my boat from the heli...... a total of 4 pics were taken, 1~blurry, 1~OK at best, and 2~that are good (all from water level) Angela takes great "still shots" but action shots are not her deal. I will say I could not do any better but then again I am not a photographer !! After hours of going through all the pics and only finding 4, you can imagine my disappointment. What I noticed was there were very few to no heli pics of the yellow group taking off. IDK if she lost those pics or something happened Nothing that you had a part of but still a disappointment and I am sure the heli rental and her fee was not cheap!

All in all, still looking forward to next year
Waaaaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaaaah! I was in the yellow group and would have liked to have had an aerial photo too,,, but Jesus. Get a life man! For 106 boats and trying to house and cater to everyone and you post this is a complaint?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Registered

As always great job by Justin, Dan and their wives, this has become our favorite trip of many we take during the year. Can't wait for next year, I agree photographer was maybe a little lost but not the end of the world for my group, I look at that as an added bonus for no more than we pay. JMO
Old 07-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
Waaaaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaahwaaaaaaaaaaah! I was in the yellow group and would have liked to have had an aerial photo too,,, but Jesus. Get a life man! For 106 boats and trying to house and cater to everyone and you post this is a complaint?
Wasn't trying to come off as a prick, sorry if I did! I had a blast and will do it next year as well. Last year the photographs were a lot better........ I don't do but 1 poker run per year so the aerial photo is (for me) the selling detail to do the run. Justin and his crew does a great job and this is not a negative feedback on his work or the run in general.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 20outlaw
First let me say thank you to everyone that attended the 5th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run as well as all of our sponsors, this event would not be what it is today without all of your support. I hope everyone had a great time. I apologize for the photographer this year and the website not being very user friendly, Linda has been on the phone and trying to coordinate with her on getting all the pics up and finding pics, I am relaying the messages on here to them as well to try to get everyone taken care of. Look forward to seeing everyone at the Nashville run July 26-27 and actually having time to visit/ hang out with you guys.

Justin Lucas

Readddyyyy for Nashville!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

yes we are going as well

What about atlanta