Brookville Lake Raft Up and Fun Run >

Brookville Lake Raft Up and Fun Run

Notices

Brookville Lake Raft Up and Fun Run

Old 07-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brookville Lake Raft Up and Fun Run

I was out at Brookville Lake last Sunday boating and I must have seen more than 10 Bajas out there. A 302 Boss, a couple Islanders, a 33 Outlaw, a 29 Outlaw, and a smaller outlaw (24/25?) along with a few older Force Bajas running. Also saw a couple Fountain Fevers, a Checkmate, and an older Donzi. I don't think I realized just how many performance boats go out there so I thought we could organize a day out at Brookville Lake (I also posted this on the BBO forum but want to invite all brands of boat owners). We could raft up in the cove at the Southeast end of the lake and maybe do a fun run up the lake to Ainslees/Kents Harbor Marina and hang out at the bar there. Let me know if you're interested by replying to this thread with a couple of weekends this July/August that work for you and we'll start organizing this thing! Hopefully we can get a good mix of all types/brands of boats to show!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Registered

I would be interested, I have a Purple and White 25 Outlaw and I'm there most weekends, I also have a houseboat up at Quakertown at the north end. Heading to Cumberland tonight for week but will be back the 20th.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Nice! We'll definitely be out there next weekend on Saturday and Sunday. That might be too short of notice to organize something but if you're out there we can get together and raft up. We usually raft up in the larger cove on the western side of the part of the lake south of the bridge. We rarely go up to Quakertown because of the large idle zone but it's nice up there. Hopefully we can get a few more on here to join us! Maybe I can get my boss to bring out his Baja as well.

I got a couple of replies over on the Baja forum as well and the weekend of Aug 3rd or Aug 17th might work for a planned meet up!

Last edited by ajnoe3; 07-13-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Heading there right now!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Registered

Way cool, don't see many cats out there!
Originally Posted by bobkatz
Heading there right now!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Registered

how is the water patrol. Quit going there due to every time I launch the boat. i was getting pulled over and a ticket for noise.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bdub153
how is the water patrol. Quit going there due to every time I launch the boat. i was getting pulled over and a ticket for noise.
I haven't been pulled over yet, but I have heard of several stories. A friend of ours is on a first name basis with the CO's. Only because he has a whippled 502 and likes to run. There is a beach we might hang out on and they will show up at random and say 'Just want to make sure you are removing your trash when you leave'. They have even snuck around from behind our backs to see what was going on. The people are again on a first name basis and have been coming to that beach for many years and are not the type to be reckless, that constant checking by the CO's is ridiculous. Another has received 2 tickets for noise and a DUI, and he has a stock 330hp going through thru hull. For what it is worth, I have been on the lake a total of 10 times over the past two years. They do seem to have a complex on that lake! Especially when it is a busy weekend, they say always have a water bottle in your hand! I always take it like most, just don't act stupid.

My home lake in central IL - Lake Shelbyville, was pretty nice for awhile, then you had people starting to act stupid the past several years. That compounded w/ a few deaths in party cove by drunks falling off houseboats and couldn't swim or illegals not knowing the lake and running ashore in the middle of the night. The CO's became pretty heavy, they broke up rafting by more than 5 boats, etc. Well, it became somewhat understandable...

But for Brookville to have the consistent pestering by the CO's w/o a history similar to Shelbyville (at least that I am aware of), that seems excessive!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Bobkatz - I saw you running, I was running in the Baja right along side of you toward the dock and you loaded up about the same time as us. Nice boat! Did you see that big Fountain running out there and do you have any idea who it is (maybe someone on here that we can get to come out)?

Bdub - I have head stories as well but never had a bad experience with them. Any time I see the water patrol I just switch my exhuast and keep on going. They were actually very nice to me the one time I needed them (anchor stuck on a tree or something 40 feet below). I saw Bobkatz running yesterday and if he didn't get stopped then you are probably fine as that is one nice sounding machine!

So I think we're going to shoot for a meetup on August 17th if that's cool with everyone. I'll get my boss to bring out his boat as well and we'll round up a few more on here and on the other forum. We can raft up in the cove on the western shore of the south end of the lake and then run up to Ainslee's for a stop at the bar/food. I'm sure we can stay entertained the rest of the day as well.

Last edited by ajnoe3; 07-15-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Registered

There were two 38 Lightnings out there, one of them is who we usually hang with. Twin 700SCI Teague's that he just bought. Not sure about the other.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Registered

Invite them if you can! For everyone else interested here is the map of Brookville if you've never been. I would put in at the Bonwell Hill ramp as the one at the Mounds SRA will cost you to get in to the park (unless you are already camping there) and the ramp is steep and not good for larger boats. Bonwell Hill has a nice ramp and it's the first one you come to when you get to the lake. Don't forget to get a Lake Permit (Orange sticker this year) and we will meet up in the Raft-up cove around noon. From there we can run up to Ainslees and get some food and drinks at the bar then maybe run up to the northern cove to raft up and hang out some more and maybe run up and down the lake. If you want to camp there the Mounds is pretty nice and can be reserved online at camp.indiana.gov and you can keep your boat by the guard shack at the entrance to the campground on the trailer and there is someone there to watch it all night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.