Notices

LOTO Poker run Question

Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO Poker run Question

Hello- I will be staying in LOTO for the week of the shootout. Will be not too far from Backwater Jacks where the poker run starts. Will all the boats in the poker run be real go fasts. I will be there with my Formula 280ss which is about a 45 mph high cruise at best. will there be other boats in that speed range or would I be a fish out of water if I entered.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Registered

there is all speeds of boats running the fun run . I had a Baja 29 and ran in it at about 50 cruise speed . just stay out on the outside of the channel due to the real fast boats .
Old 07-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Registered

We ran it last yr with our 290 PQ. The last group is generally for the boats like ours. We signed up again this yr, maybe this time we won't break a trim tab off and actually make it to the first stop.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 37 Posts

As already mentioned, keep to the outside of the channel. Also, keep you head on a swivel for cats. A boat running 150 MPH will come up on you quick!