Oneida Lake Fall Fun Run- This Saturday 9/21/13. A Free event >

Oneida Lake Fall Fun Run- This Saturday 9/21/13. A Free event

Notices

Oneida Lake Fall Fun Run- This Saturday 9/21/13. A Free event

Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4bus
What was I thinking considering a CAT??? Crazy to think that it just a few months we will be riding our sleds on the same lake we will be boating this weekend!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508127[/ATTACH]
I guess you must not be able to handle real speed then..... lol

Arctic Cat!!!! Can you say Turbo....? lol

I would love to bring the boat out this weekend, but the weather will probably keep me from doing so. I have never been on Oneida lake yet pass by it all the time. Winter is on its way. Bring your sleds out here (Sacandaga Lake) and I can show you some good riding out here. They have a poker run every weekend here at the lake.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilTwin

I would love to bring the boat out this weekend, but the weather will probably keep me from doing so. I have never been on Oneida lake yet pass by it all the time. Winter is on its way. Bring your sleds out here (Sacandaga Lake) and I can show you some good riding out here. They have a poker run every weekend here at the lake.
The turbo RR was definitely a consideration, but a quick tug on the front bumper of the turbo showed me it was much too heavy for my tastes. I am still a ditch banging trail rider, with lots of off trail riding in the hills south.

That bar on the north end of your lake definitely looks like a sled bar! Might make it out there this winter, if not I plan on doing your boat run next June.

The weather is not looking good for Saturday as far as rain is concerned, however as you know in NY we will have to wait until Friday night to get an accurate forecast for Saturday.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could of made it this year but I'm in the middle of repowering my 27, my old man should be there with his 29.
Good luck on the run, I wish I could of ran in it this year
Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Did you guys get much snow the last 2 years?? reason i ask is 4 years ago we went to lake george and had some of the best riding ever!! but the last 2-3 years snow looked pretty thin in your neck of the woods... wasnt any better in buffalo...
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88bullet
Did you guys get much snow the last 2 years?? reason i ask is 4 years ago we went to lake george and had some of the best riding ever!! but the last 2-3 years snow looked pretty thin in your neck of the woods... wasnt any better in buffalo...
Last year the lake was in nice shape. Enough snow to run it every weekend. Some of the trails were hurting for snow though. We just went 30 minutes north and had great riding from Speculator to Indian lake to Moose River Plains into Old Forge. The year before the winter was a wash and did one weekend of riding on the lake, but went to Canada most weekends and put on good miles there. They had a ton of snow 2 winters ago when we had nothing. Come out for a few weekends and I can show you the night life on the lake!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Let's talk about weather The forecast for Saturday is looking dicey. At some point a cold front will be coming through, and it will be bringing some rain with it. The problem is figuring out exactly when this rain might hit. That being said, as we get closer we will make a decision late Friday if the run will be ran on Saturday or Sunday. Deal breakers for Saturday will be a total washout only, in the times that we would be actually running, Saturday is the prime day. Stay tuned
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Registered

Last year the lake was in nice shape. Enough snow to run it every weekend. Some of the trails were hurting for snow though. We just went 30 minutes north and had great riding from Speculator to Indian lake to Moose River Plains into Old Forge. The year before the winter was a wash and did one weekend of riding on the lake, but went to Canada most weekends and put on good miles there. They had a ton of snow 2 winters ago when we had nothing. Come out for a few weekends and I can show you the night life on the lake!
You can always find snow, its just a question of how far you want to travel. You must have a turbo if you enjoy Canada. For me Canada is the equal to driving a car on I90.

An optimist says winter will return this year for two reason. This is the first time in 12 years that the polar ice caps grew over the course of a year, and we did not have one hurricane in the month of august which would mean a late season of coastal storms to bring that cold air down here. We are also at the end of the "on again off again" winter patterns we have records of over the last 100 years. Its not like we haven't been getting snow, we just haven't had consistent cold temps to keep that snow for any length of time.

A pessimist would say a good winter will never happen again in the NE because of global warming, caused by guys like us with big trucks and boats
Old 09-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

You can always find snow, its just a question of how far you want to travel. You must have a turbo if you enjoy Canada. For me Canada is the equal to driving a car on I90.

An optimist says winter will return this year for two reason. This is the first time in 12 years that the polar ice caps grew over the course of a year, and we did not have one hurricane in the month of august which would mean a late season of coastal storms to bring that cold air down here. We are also at the end of the "on again off again" winter patterns we have records of over the last 100 years. Its not like we haven't been getting snow, we just haven't had consistent cold temps to keep that snow for any length of time.

A pessimist would say a good winter will never happen again in the NE because of global warming, caused by guys like us with big trucks and boats
big trucks?? did you sell the toyota?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

I am an optimist! I always find snow somewhere. I do have a 2013 Turbo but I also like the tight twisty and off trail stuff too. Canada has a lot of different riding. Depends on what you want to do for that day. I have a few helmet vids I will try and post up. Sorry for Highjacking your thread.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88bullet
big trucks?? did you sell the toyota?
Ouch! Is it rated for even pulling the snowmobile trailer safely...? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.