Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Can't decide... 1st road trip.  LOTO or Cumberland? Others? >

Can't decide... 1st road trip. LOTO or Cumberland? Others?

Notices

Can't decide... 1st road trip. LOTO or Cumberland? Others?

Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We hear on lake cumberland feel we have two of the best poker runs going. I prefer the Thunder run just a lil smaller and more laid back feel. Still several big boats and lots of power. I think the run makes 100 miles or more round trip. Havent been able to make the ride due to blown motors last 2 years and have a new on to break in thus year hopefully I can if not I will still be there with bells on. We do have the lack of activities issue but really we r on the water for fun with friends new and old. We also have the raft up event which is great fun and we are the current world record holders too.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Registered

No question about this there is no other lake like LOTO in the world. So many bars and places to stay. There is no land from the 1-25mm that isn't already occupied!! If you want the most jammed pack trip come visit us
Old 03-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I though his post said other than Cumberland or LOTO. I would say Boyne Thunder but since you said August that would be out. Lake Erie doesn't have any PRs that time of the year but the islands are pretty fun. You can island hop, hit Sandusky and go to cedar point for a day or two. Put in Bay and Kelleys island will keep you busy. Good food and live entertainment every night.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Bring it over to the sunrise side. Plenty of good boating on Lake Huron. Plenty to do on St. Clair and running either (St. Clair/Detroit) River is fun. Lake Erie Islands are awesome and Cedar Point is there too. Why tow across country to a lake 1/5 the size of Lake St. Clair when we have such awesome boating right here!?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Registered

Give us a try, everybody is coming!

www.piratesoflanier.com
Old 03-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are planning about mid September if all goes well. Of course it is currently snowing on the 1st day of spring in Chicago now. FU winter FU.