Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Milwaukee, Wisconsin AIR AND WATER SHOW, June 21 -22, in the Harbor! >

Milwaukee, Wisconsin AIR AND WATER SHOW, June 21 -22, in the Harbor!

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.milwaukeeairshow.com/

Milwaukee Air and Water Show is this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 4 pm each day!!!

LOTS of boats tied up and singles, out both in harbor and out past breakwater...GREAT show with the Blue Angels here this year, and lots of others.
Weather looking good, 82/77 and sunny/partly cloudy, should be PREMIER fun event!

Saw an F15 ( I think, twin tails looked vertical/not canted like F18 but was a distance) today taking off from Mitchell Field almost straight up into clouds, practicing for the event ...
Had Osprey tilt rotor last year with people jumping out into water...
Have seen "Memorial/Historical" fly-by's with F15 and P51, F18 and F4U Corsair...

One guy posted in past, my experience too:
Anchored outside the breakwater right between the main gap and the north gap.
Weather was perfect.
Great airshow. 2 favorite parts gave me chills on a hot day. The Airforce F-15 flying wingtip to wingtip with a P-51 Mustang and later a Navy F-18 Super Hornet flying with a F4U Corsair. Roughly 50 to 60 years difference in technology. I was blown away. Then the Airforce Thunderbirds did their thing. Some of them even buzzed the boats. It was deafening and an incredible thrill. They were so close you could see the sun reflecting off their helmets.
Can't wait until next year.
All the boats were courteous and law abiding as far as I could see.

See you there...Illinois/Southern WI people, wing it up!! Practice for the NIOC Thunder Run and with a great event to watch too!
We'll have the 2007 Fountain 42 (white/checkerboard/yellow stripe) out both days having a good time
Find us and tie up, the first Beverage is on us!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xwing
http://www.milwaukeeairshow.com/

Milwaukee Air and Water Show is this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 4 pm each day!!!

LOTS of boats tied up and singles, out both in harbor and out past breakwater...GREAT show with the Blue Angels here this year, and lots of others.
Weather looking good, 82/77 and sunny/partly cloudy, should be PREMIER fun event!

Saw an F15 ( I think, twin tails looked vertical/not canted like F18 but was a distance) today taking off from Mitchell Field almost straight up into clouds, practicing for the event ...
Had Osprey tilt rotor last year with people jumping out into water...
Have seen "Memorial/Historical" fly-by's with F15 and P51, F18 and F4U Corsair...

One guy posted in past, my experience too:
Anchored outside the breakwater right between the main gap and the north gap.
Weather was perfect.
Great airshow. 2 favorite parts gave me chills on a hot day. The Airforce F-15 flying wingtip to wingtip with a P-51 Mustang and later a Navy F-18 Super Hornet flying with a F4U Corsair. Roughly 50 to 60 years difference in technology. I was blown away. Then the Airforce Thunderbirds did their thing. Some of them even buzzed the boats. It was deafening and an incredible thrill. They were so close you could see the sun reflecting off their helmets.
Can't wait until next year.
All the boats were courteous and law abiding as far as I could see.

See you there...Illinois/Southern WI people, wing it up!! Practice for the NIOC Thunder Run and with a great event to watch too!
We'll have the 2007 Fountain 42 (white/checkerboard/yellow stripe) out both days having a good time
Find us and tie up, the first Beverage is on us!
Might be out here Sunday. My Favorite spot is inside the tucked in McKinley just by the opening. That way rafting boats don't be the crap out of each other from the close drive bys. Going up to Winnebago Saturday (Checking out the Four Horseman poker run and Stretches near Oshkosh).