Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Oneida Lake Fall "Chicken Wing" Fun Run Sept 27th, a free event! >

Oneida Lake Fall "Chicken Wing" Fun Run Sept 27th, a free event!

Notices

Oneida Lake Fall "Chicken Wing" Fun Run Sept 27th, a free event!

Old 09-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Keil.

There are some links to hotels on the fb page. Many of us sleep right on the docks....we usually go to bed about 3 am

If anyone needs anything, please call me at 3i5 744 585i
Old 09-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastVee
Buffalo group.....How about we all meet at the large parking lot that is right by the toll booths at the Transit Road exit at 6 AM? Then, as Steve suggested, we can pull into a rest plaza during the drive to pick up anyone else that wants to join the convoy along the way. We can plan to definitely stop at the Dewitt Travel Plaza near Syracuse (Milepost #280, between exits 36 & 35) at between 8:15 and 8:30 for a final gathering before we get off the thruway and head to the lake.

Cruising at 70ish down the Thruway sounds fine to me. Sometimes going faster then that in a group can be a pain anyways with everyone having to constantly pass the slower vehicles.

I'm Kiel and my cell is 716-807-9891, in case anyone wants to get ahold of me that morning or between now and then. Look for the Silver Silverado towing a white/purple/yellow 33' Eliminator at the meeting points. Looking forward to it!

Oh and PS - is anyone from the Buf area thinking of staying over somewhere after the run on Saturday instead of driving back? Just curious. Our group has not decided yet, but thinking about it, especially if others are.
I know we will be staying on the boat saturday night. 6am sounds great. Good spot as well to meet up.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Registered

It has been confirmed. The Crazy Clam Restaurant/Bar will have live music at 6pm and a dinner special for all fun run participants. More details to come. Hoping many of you will stay for the after party. The dinner is not required, and payment for food or drinks should be made directly to the restaurants, we will not be collecting any money.

The Clam is the starting and end point of the run. The half way point on the west end is the chicken wing event which will be our lunch stop.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Registered

I am getting questions on the details of the run, so I will re post

Boating Fun Run from the Canal wall in Sylvan Beach NY to Waterfront Restaurant and back. All you can eat chicken wings for $15 at the annual wing fest. This is a free event, pay for your food at the door. Dock party and nightlife at Sylvan beach that evening. Group leaves sylvan at 11 am, arrive at waterfront 11:30-12. Leave waterfront 1:30-2pm or later

Launch at Snug Harbor Marina at Sylvan Beach, exit marina and go left on the state canal. Boats will be tied on north side of canal in front of the Crazy Clam Bar.

Free mooring on Canal wall the night before or the night of the event.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sn...40fdd491865036

Directions. Take the NYS Thruway to the Canastota exit #34, go north on NYS RT 13 about 8 miles to Sylvan Beach NY. Marina is last right hand turn before the big bridge coming into town.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron, Thanks for the info on the tablet just picked one up on Craigslist for 100 bucks and loading software now. We have at least 1 other boat coming with us maybe 2. We got a cheesy jacuzzi room at cinderella's see you in a week!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Ron, Thanks for the info on the tablet just picked one up on Craigslist for 100 bucks and loading software now. We have at least 1 other boat coming with us maybe 2. We got a cheesy jacuzzi room at cinderella's see you in a week!
Ya? After party in your room! Hahah. Looking forward to seeing you and "I-need-ta Fountain"
Old 09-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Registered

Just keeps getting better!

The crazy clam has come through for the end of the run.

Live music from 6pm whenever

All fun run participants can enjoy a buffet with smoked pull pork, riggies, utica greens and veggies!

So, we have your lunch and dinner covered, all you can eat style

The weather looks simply amazing!!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a great time. Just wish it wasn't so far!!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds great.

What are your plans for Sunday if the weather stays nice?

Thanks.

Chris
Old 09-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Sounds great.

What are your plans for Sunday if the weather stays nice?

Thanks.

Chris
I plan to be hungover on my couch watching football

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.