Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11  in Northern Michigan, Boyne City. >

Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11 in Northern Michigan, Boyne City.

Notices

Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11 in Northern Michigan, Boyne City.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Boyne Mountain sounds like a good choice then, Thank you
Old 12-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

the preparty is at the top of boyne mtn too.....
Old 12-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Blue Oval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The two motels in town are Boyne Motel and the Fieldcrest. Water Inn is nice, all the rooms in town sell out quick. Boyne Mt has done a nice job for us. I don't know how many people used the shuttle, but it is a nice option.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Just booked at Boyne Mountain 3 bedroom loft, looking forward to it.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

fyi......fieldcrest and boyne mtn aren't even close to being in the same league...
Old 01-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Registered

Alright... Need a little help here... this is going to be my first official poker run... just trying to prepare early because I know this is a popular one and it fills up quickly...

Just booked rooms at Boyne Mountain for Thursday to Sunday so I am set on lodging. From what I understand it will be about impossible for a new attendee to get a slip... so if getting a slip is not possible then how does that work? Have to put boat in and out each night? Is there a place to park truck and trailer? Or is there another way to keep the boat on the water?

I run annually with a decent size group of boats, on a 3 day "fun run" here in the Detroit area, averaging about 100+ miles. Just have never run an actual poker run. I do not plan on running this balls out as I would like to use my first one to get some actual poker run seat time, see how things work, just relax and have some fun...Meet some new people and see some awesome hardware!

Just want to make sure I have what I need an am prepared for a good time!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody who wanted to stay in the water last year did, BT did a great job on making room for everybody at the run. Its not guaranteed but you'll probably be in the water rafted to somebody. There is a boat launch with parking 1/4 mile down the road from the event. Not everybody is running WOT, but there is some.

You wont regret going to BT.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Registered

Cool... yeah I have a couple friends that run it annually... I think there will be a 43 Black Thunder joining me as well...
Old 01-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Looking forward to you joining us!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DocktorsOarders
Alright... Need a little help here... this is going to be my first official poker run... just trying to prepare early because I know this is a popular one and it fills up quickly...

Just booked rooms at Boyne Mountain for Thursday to Sunday so I am set on lodging. From what I understand it will be about impossible for a new attendee to get a slip... so if getting a slip is not possible then how does that work? Have to put boat in and out each night? Is there a place to park truck and trailer? Or is there another way to keep the boat on the water?

I run annually with a decent size group of boats, on a 3 day "fun run" here in the Detroit area, averaging about 100+ miles. Just have never run an actual poker run. I do not plan on running this balls out as I would like to use my first one to get some actual poker run seat time, see how things work, just relax and have some fun...Meet some new people and see some awesome hardware!

Just want to make sure I have what I need an am prepared for a good time!
Great decision to come! You won't regret it!

I was a first timer last year and was not even close to getting a slip. I had the same worries as you did, but had no problem finding a great spot to tie up for the weekend. The 'shoppers dock' is a short walk from the main dock, and although they can't guarantee spots, there was always plenty of space open. I'm going to try for a slip this year, but either way will be a good time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.