Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY >

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Notices

25th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 18, 2015 - Himrod, NY

Old 02-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good time for sure. I will have to keep my schedule open to hopefully make it.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I haven't been able to attend for quite a few years, what is the overnight docking situation?

Padraig
Old 02-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

a bunch of locals around here this summer were talking about it. should be a fun event. whats the situation about overnight docking? I am from syracuse and it will probably be my my gf and maybe 1 or 2 more people we were thinking about sleeping on the boat rather than spending more money for a hotel (college kids budgets LOL) just wanted to make sure where everyone is staying at the hotels with the boats docked up its cool if we crash on the boat???
Old 02-03-2015, 06:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
I haven't been able to attend for quite a few years, what is the overnight docking situation?

Padraig
It depends on which hotel you elect to stay at. The Showboat Hotel is Run Headquarters and they have a number of fixed and floating docks available along with several mooring buoys. There will also be a number of "Sponsor Docks" available for purchase right in front of the bar. The price will be noted in the ROPA web site (when its updated) and its quite reasonable.

The Rainbow Cove Hotel is literally a hundred yards down the road and they have one long fixed main dock and a couple of finger docks available.

As for launch ramps, The Severn Point Public Launch Ramp is about a mile south of both hotels and can handle just about any size boat.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks! Looking forward to doing the Battleship run again.

Padraig
Old 02-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 315duramax
a bunch of locals around here this summer were talking about it. should be a fun event. whats the situation about overnight docking? I am from syracuse and it will probably be my my gf and maybe 1 or 2 more people we were thinking about sleeping on the boat rather than spending more money for a hotel (college kids budgets LOL) just wanted to make sure where everyone is staying at the hotels with the boats docked up its cool if we crash on the boat???
I'm pretty sure that's not a problem, but I'll let our President (Whiplash here) answer the question.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Registered

Some video from last year for those not on Facebook. Watch Dave's Active Thunder accelerate at the 1:51 mark. It was a great ride. Thanks for letting me tag along Dave.

http://youtu.be/OW-RFx4R1kk
Old 02-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Registered

AJ & I have our calendar marked! He's looking forward to a great event and winning big again!!!

HDB is looking forward to celebrating this 25th event with everyone. See you all there!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by smckie
Some video from last year for those not on Facebook. Watch Dave's Active Thunder accelerate at the 1:51 mark. It was a great ride. Thanks for letting me tag along Dave.

http://youtu.be/OW-RFx4R1kk
Thanks for sharing that video. Man it brought back some memories. Like:

1) How beautiful Seneca Lake is - even when it's cloudy

2) How much fun it is to run with a group of friends in formation

3) How beautiful and fast Dave's boat is - when he puts gas in it
Old 02-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Thanks for sharing that video. Man it brought back some memories. Like:

1) How beautiful Seneca Lake is - even when it's cloudy

2) How much fun it is to run with a group of friends in formation

3) How beautiful and fast Dave's boat is - when he puts gas in it
4) How bad azz a pair of 525's sound when the tail pipes are so short you can look in and see the exhaust valves!

5) How much better it is to look over the bow when approaching other boats than it is looking over the stern watching two chicken legged guys trying to swim 10k lbs of boat to a boat launch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.