Notices

Ozarks Shootout question.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyexcal
anyone know what kind of boat and what power was nv1p1b winner was ? his name was Casey Hakenkamp and ran 89 then another 88 ?
90% sure he owns a Top Gun T/S with 500EFI's and if that's him, he owns the one PBC listed in the classifieds a few days ago.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
Gordo, a quick facebook stalking session and it looks like Lance Thurman won in this boat...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545574[/ATTACH]
ThanksKeytime for the research!
I've ruled my class for many years, and would want to be the first-in-line to shake hands with the new king of the Factory 1 class.
However,
how does a Bat-boat get put into Factory-1?

Last edited by Gordo; 09-24-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordo, per the "hull types" on the Shootout classifications, you raced in a V (v-hull) class instead of a F (factory class).

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.o...ification.html

Check me on that.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was sure that the inspector put me in V1F1.
I guess I'm confused (nuthin new) in that I've always been in V1F1 class in years past. In fact, my Active Thunder was one of the reasons for the origination of the class in the Shootout back in 1999.
Although the HP500 was a stock / sealed engine, the true stock BB guys claimed we had an unfair advantage, (rightfully so I might ad). That's when Shootout officials came to me and another Factory-1 Warlock owner asking about the APBA Factory class rules. We explained the rules of Factory 1, F-2 & F3 classes and the next year those classes were incorporated into the Shootout.
I didn't mind years ago when they started the "Pro" division and moved me to that class. It made sense,
But this year I asked a "representative" of the shootout about an F1 boat running faster than a current Super-V Lite, the official laughed and said, "they ain;t no more true factory boats."
He then went on to educate me on professional offshore racing.
Please forgive me for venting, but people are very in-tune to the Shootout, the competitors, and most of all, the boats. Lots of boat owners and potential boat buyers watch to see how various boats perform. Many boat manufacturers look to the Shootout to showcase their boats performance.
Major publications attend and take the Shootout seriously.
Maybe the people who run it these days should do the same.

Last edited by Gordo; 09-28-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Try having 575's...they are the red headed step child when trying to classify them

I've been a S, a SP ( which they dreamed up one year) , a P and a FM....at least that's what my participation awards say