Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY >

26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY

Notices

26th Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake Battleship Run - July 16, 2016 - Himrod, NY

Old 07-20-2016, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Well said Tom. Thanks again to all of the ROPA officers and volunteers for building on a fine tradition and giving us a fun, safe event to enjoy.

Special thanks to Steve B. for letting Julie and I jump in for the ride south (Matt's Wild-est dreams came true watching us enjoy our ride in a Sonic) and also thanks to Cigrocket for letting our crew jump ship to his Cigarette.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could not agree more with all the above sentiments. This is TRULY one of the finest, family oriented (welcoming) non-ego maniacal, safe and respectful, not to mention FUN poker runs I have ever done! Regardless if by land, snow or water! Kudos to all super fine folks at ROPA that put thankless hours into the planning process and to all the volunteers that make this happen! You are TRULY appreciated by ALL! THANK YOU!
Old 07-20-2016, 07:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Think this is one we need to attend. Nice to hear of such fun and all being so relaxed. Congrats ROPA for what appears to be a major success. We look forward to news of next years dates of the event and hope that we maybe lucky enough to join the fun.

Chris
Old 07-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
Think this is one we need to attend. Nice to hear of such fun and all being so relaxed. Congrats ROPA for what appears to be a major success. We look forward to news of next years dates of the event and hope that we maybe lucky enough to join the fun.

Chris
Chris,

Next year's Battleship Run will be held on Saturday - July 15, 2017. Hope to see you here!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

It was a great run! However I have to say there was one disappointment. ....no wedding! LOL

Padraig
Old 07-21-2016, 05:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Chris,

Next year's Battleship Run will be held on Saturday - July 15, 2017. Hope to see you here!
Always a great run. Putting it on my calendar now!
Old 07-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
It was a great run! However I have to say there was one disappointment. ....no wedding! LOL

Padraig
You're not the only one who was disappointed! I think my princess got the hint(s) though.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
You're not the only one who was disappointed! I think my princess got the hint(s) though.
LOL

If I can figure out how to post pics I will post some.

Padraig
Old 07-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Shane
Could not agree more with all the above sentiments. This is TRULY one of the finest, family oriented (welcoming) non-ego maniacal, safe and respectful, not to mention FUN poker runs I have ever done! Regardless if by land, snow or water! Kudos to all super fine folks at ROPA that put thankless hours into the planning process and to all the volunteers that make this happen! You are TRULY appreciated by ALL! THANK YOU!
Shane that's just about a perfect description for this run. It was great to see you guys again. Before you know it though, you will just be a passenger along for the ride. Blake already looks pretty comfortable behind the wheel. Maybe next year you can convince your better half to show up too. I know we would love the chance to catch up.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

After a week of reading all the comments and thank you’s I have time now to add my own. My 1st thank you is to our sponsors for helping us make this the most successful run yet (that’s saying something after this was our 26th!). We have more sponsors than I can list but our main sponsors stepped up huge this year and they are IFC (admiral) and W.E.T. and Redline Performance (Captain). Also to our longest running sponsor- Barrett Marine (26 years) and continued well wishes to owner Fran Barrett after suffering a medical issue just a week and a half before the run.
To make public what I always say at the awards ceremony, it could not ever be successful in the slightest without the great people we have participating. Yes fun is what it is about but safety is paramount and this was the smoothest run I can recall on drivers doing the job safely on the water. The conditions were fairly flat, to the dismay of the big boys, but finally a break for the smaller boats. This meant everyone could spread the lake, keep their lanes and no one zipping in front or back of each other. A great ride and show for spectators. Passengers and crews were all great with helping others dock and raft off. 40 footers were helping 22 footers and vice versa- all one “family” with no ego’s here again. So to all the participants and their crews- THANK YOU!!
Of course the only way we can put on such a nice run is with the fantastic help we have from our volunteers. Not just the few of us on the board and committee who work year round to plan but those that show up at the run and donate their efforts to its success. I hope I don’t miss any ( sincere apologies if I do) but I want the public to know what great people we have volunteering and how much I appreciate them:
Dave Spanton, Jeremy Starr, Bryan Cooksey, Mary O’Dea, Tom Warda, Roger Fisher, Matt, Wendy, Jordan and Brianna Wise, Ed and Lee Van Grol, Larry and Ronnie Webster, Shelly Bogino, John Scott, Beth Wanzer, Jerry Fedele, Jeremy Hellems, Gary Fillion, Lori DeJesus, Glen Harbor Marina staff. I can’t thank you all enough but the praises we are getting seem to recognize how much the efforts you all do pays off. Thank you, Thank you!!!
After 26 years of “being at the helm” of ROPA I still enjoy it immensely due to all of you who make this the most fun event I do all year (even if I am working at it!). I hope to see all of you again next year and some new faces to join us. Let’s keep making this the biggest (and best) “little run" in the country!
Sincerely,
Bill Krystan, President
Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association

Last edited by WHIPLASH; 07-24-2016 at 09:29 PM. Reason: forgot someone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.