Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016 >

8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016

Notices

8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016

Old 06-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I believe most of us have that risk in all of our local lakes / rivers.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Revspan
Just a question for those doing the poker run. How in the world would you run wot in lake Cumberland. I have just been on the lake 5-6 times and am getting to know it and it freaks me out to see the junk floating in it. Stuff big enough to rip out drives off. When at speed....I can't imaging you could avoid them.
Typically, Cumberland gets its heavy rains in March and April and the Lake tops out in the Spring. Any debris picked up from the high water level eventually makes its way to shore and stays on the banks as the lake drops. Usually the vast majority of the debris is gone (at least on the west end of the lake) by the end of Memorial weekend. However, the last two years have been a-typical in that we have had dry Aprils and very wet Mays. Last year when we did the Thunder run debris really wasn't an issue, although is was the following week after we experienced monsoon-like rains. It didn't really clear up until late July.

This year we'll just have to see what it looks like come the weekend. But if there is a lot of debris my guess is people will drive accordingly or confine their activity to the west end of the lake where it is usually much better than the east end. No doubt we'll be getting plenty of reports from social media on the conditions.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply Robert, and to add to that those not familiar with Lake Cumberland the condition's (as far as debris goes) can change in literally a hour, so although some have asked about debris etc. and I have talked to some people that ran the lake and didn't see much and others that saw quite a bit, it is really to early to say anything as a lot can change in 4 days.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on the east end Friday, Saturday, and Sunday last weekend. Conditions never changed all weekend.

I'll be out on the east end early Saturday morning, and I'll be one of those posting to social media with current conditions with photos.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Registered

Thanks. What part of the east end?
Old 06-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I will be putting my mulching props on tonight!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Registered

99% of the debris cleared out - had beautiful weather and a beautiful lake and just an awesome weekend of high performance boating. Thanks Justin and Dan.
Attached Thumbnails 8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016-image.jpg   8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016-image.jpg   8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016-image.jpg  

Old 06-19-2016, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Great run!!! Justin and Crew put together another great event!! Thanks everyone, cant wait till next year!!!
Old 06-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

In my opinion, this was the best Thunder Run yet. Fishtales service was awesome on Friday, and we ended up stopping there for lunch on Saturday too. Same great service, even from the menu.

We had a great time and met some new folks - weather was awesome, and Grider did a much better job this year (from my perspective). Thanks Justin and team!

Terry
Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I would agree. Best Thunder Run to date. Justin, from a participant perspective it went flawless. Food was good, weather was good and the run itself was a blast. It was also nice to see the amount of spectator boats which reminds me of the SD PR in the glory days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.