2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30

Notices

2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30

Old 03-21-2016, 09:36 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
Don't know yet...I am on the fence on this run thinking about going to the Lanier Run but its a 7hr tow vs. 2.5 for Nashville. We will most likely end up in Nashville and if we do will stay Downtown either at Marriott West End Vanderbilt or Marriott Courtyard Vanderbilt Thursday and Friday night then the Courtyard in Goodlettsville Saturday night which is near the Rudder Marina across the lake. I want to be able to take a cab into downtown for Friday night and then be near the marina Saturday night.
Stay at the airport which is about half way between the Marina and downtown. Uber is cheap to get around and will be much cheper than cabs. It is about a $10 Uber ride from the airport either direction. I am working on a bus or two to run as a shuttle service between the hotels at the airport and the marina but can't promise that yet.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:37 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kilo
Lock and Loaded! I didn't see (probably overlooked) a place to reserve a slip.
Chad - please let me know if I need to update something/somehow
Looks like all is good and all we need is July to get here and everybody keep your stuff together!!!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Just to make sure I get it out to everyone and there aren't any questions...

Slip Rentals are on a first come first served basis. Our marinas are private and if they can rent a slip long term then they do so our rentals are contingent on how many is available. I also offer money to anyone who will leave their slip for the weekend and anchor out just to add a few slips. We get our slip assignments about two weeks prior to the event and I will do my best to accommodate everyone. If you don't get a covered slip you will be able to keep your boat in the water. We also have a bunch of slips available on the Hendersonville side of the lake. If a slip is a do or die thing then get one on that side and we can guarantee it but I can't guarantee anything but sponsors at Blue Turtle. Most of then don't event take slips and they use the area around the marina. Anyone who whines will also immediately forfeit their slip to someone who has been accommodating. We are doing all we can with the areas we have!

Thanks and email me if you have questions!

Chad
[email protected]
Old 03-21-2016, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Just to make sure I get it out to everyone and there aren't any questions...

Slip Rentals are on a first come first served basis. Our marinas are private and if they can rent a slip long term then they do so our rentals are contingent on how many is available. I also offer money to anyone who will leave their slip for the weekend and anchor out just to add a few slips. We get our slip assignments about two weeks prior to the event and I will do my best to accommodate everyone. If you don't get a covered slip you will be able to keep your boat in the water. We also have a bunch of slips available on the Hendersonville side of the lake. If a slip is a do or die thing then get one on that side and we can guarantee it but I can't guarantee anything but sponsors at Blue Turtle. Most of then don't event take slips and they use the area around the marina. Anyone who whines will also immediately forfeit their slip to someone who has been accommodating. We are doing all we can with the areas we have!

Thanks and email me if you have questions!

Chad
[email protected]
Sooo...what your saying is, we WILL be able to keep the boat in the water, regardless of slip assignment/rental? Because I don't mind at all what slip I might end up in, or if I'm rafted off...just that I don't want to have to pull the boat each day...
Old 03-21-2016, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I got a room at the Best Western Plus at the airport. Hopefully, that will be close enough.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Sooo...what your saying is, we WILL be able to keep the boat in the water, regardless of slip assignment/rental? Because I don't mind at all what slip I might end up in, or if I'm rafted off...just that I don't want to have to pull the boat each day...
That is absolutely correct. Nobody will have to pull their boat and we will have places to raft off for everyone.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
I got a room at the Best Western Plus at the airport. Hopefully, that will be close enough.

Staying at the airport is about as close as you can get unless you rent a house through VRBO or AirBnB or something like that. Some from out of town stay at a hotel downtown since we are down there Friday night anyway. Uber and Cabs are very plentiful and it is easy to get around. Uber from downtown to the Marina is about $25 and the Uber XL is about $35 one way.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Registered

Just registered for everything! Can't wait!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

That's good to hear.
Originally Posted by gofastlvr
That is absolutely correct. Nobody will have to pull their boat and we will have places to raft off for everyone.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I think I have had a covered slip every year,(being a sponsor) I haven't used it yet! Always liked rafting off to my friends and hanging out in front of the bar/restaurant. There's always been plenty of room!

What I'm keeping my fingers crossed for is a crane or lift rack to lift my boat off the trailer (hint hint chad)....ramps just aren't deep enough for my 60' trailer!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.