Virginia Fun Run,   Any Interest? >

Virginia Fun Run, Any Interest?

Notices

Virginia Fun Run, Any Interest?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 492 Likes on 229 Posts

We maybe in...let us know dates and see if we can make it.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in this event. Have a place on the lake and would also recommend places to stay for anyone interested. I am also in the SMLBA who sponsors the poker run the third week of May. We would love to have you guys participate in both events. See Offshore Only.come or smlba.com. thanks
Old 01-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be interested as well. Ive never been to SML but have been wanting to go for a while.

How are the water police there about "dry" exhaust?
Old 01-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
I may be interested as well. Ive never been to SML but have been wanting to go for a while.

How are the water police there about "dry" exhaust?
Are you 100% dry, or do you have water introduced at the tips? As long as you have water coming out the tips and flaps, you should be fine.
Loud will get you noticed, but as long as you have flaps and water, I do not think they will ticket you. They did ticket an Eliminator on PR weekend several years back, but he had 700HP and the tips were high above the water line, and blatant with no flaps or water.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-24-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Are you 100% dry, or do you have water introduced at the tips? As long as you have water coming out the tips and flaps, you should be fine.
Loud will get you noticed, but as long as you have flaps and water, I do not think they will ticket you. They did ticket an Eliminator on PR weekend several years back, but he had Illmors and the tips were high above the water line, and blatant with no flaps or water.
Theyre dry but it does have some water come out, but its loud as hell.

No flaps.

B/c the exhaust comes out over top of EVERYTHING on the transom, its obvious, lol.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
Theyre dry but it does have some water come out, but its loud as hell.

No flaps.

B/c the exhaust comes out over top of EVERYTHING on the transom, its obvious, lol.
Now that I remember a bit more, that's what they pegged the Eliminator for, no internal flaps or external flaps. This was the boat:

Like I said, as long as they are wet, and you throw a set of external flaps on just for the weekend; you should be fine. They won't kick you off the lake or anything, worst case just a noise ticket. That is, as long as you are boating responsibly. The two Powerboat Clubs down there are in good standing with the LEOs on the lake, ever since the accident years ago; we actually get along pretty well as they know the majority of us are better boaters than the average weekend warrior.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Now that I remember a bit more, that's what they pegged the Eliminator for, no internal flaps or external flaps. This was the boat:

Like I said, as long as they are wet, and you throw a set of external flaps on just for the weekend; you should be fine. They won't kick you off the lake or anything, worst case just a noise ticket. That is, as long as you are boating responsibly. The two Powerboat Clubs down there are in good standing with the LEOs on the lake, ever since the accident years ago; we actually get along pretty well as they know the majority of us are better boaters than the average weekend warrior.
Gotcha, thanks
Old 01-25-2017, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ok guys.met with planners tonight.hope to have details out within a week or so...thanks to all
Old 01-30-2017, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in, if we are in town the weekend that you are planning. I live here and could bring several other powerboats.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownzr1
a couple of us are looking at putting a fun run together for smith mountain lake in va sometime late summer 2017.all boats welcome no matter their size.no entry fee no registration no poker run or race.it will be a gathering of cool boats for several stops including lunch and a tie up at the end.will be a meet and greet on a friday and maybe a after dark party on saturday night.nothing set in stone yet hoping to have full details in late winter after looking at other events so not to interfere with already planed events and need time to talk with all businesses that have showed interest in participating.we will also look into rentals for anyone coming from out of town looking for a place to stay anyone interested?....thanks in advance
do you have dates in mind yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.