Pirates of lanier --- windship statement

Notices

Pirates of lanier --- windship statement

Old 11-21-2016, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirates of lanier --- windship statement

To All My Boating Friends,

First and foremost, I want to thank each and every one of you who have attended the Pirates of Lanier Charity Poker Run once or multiple times.
I am very proud of what we as a group of like-minded boaters have accomplished over the past 6 years. This year we exceeded our goal of $400,000 dollars and have collectively raised almost $2,000,000 dollars for our chosen charities. It’s always a blast to get together on Poker Run weekends with our friends from all over the country and enjoy our favorite pastime.

To be clear, this is a personal note from me. The founder of Lanier Partners, Rea Williams, passed away this year and he will be sorely missed. He was the driving force and the glue that kept the poker run going each year. He and I spoke on the phone each and every day the last 5 years to put together this wonderful weekend event, inspired everyday by the kids and families who benefit tremendously from the funds we raised! After Rea’s passing the board of trustees of Lanier Partners took a direction that I do not agree to support therefore as Chairman Emeritus I shall no longer volunteer for Lanier Partners.

What does this mean for the poker run? I do not know. I am out of the loop, but I can tell you at least five board members resigned!

As one door closes, another opens!

Windship is at MTI getting a facelift, a new interior. I am looking forward to the 2017 boating season, seeing everyone on the water and putting up that rooster tail.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:48 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I am very sorry to hear that a change became necessary. This run has always been close to my heart and I've made every one. I will look for options for our July schedule and hope that we can all meet up at another place to share our love of boating and philanthropy.

Thank you for all you have done for our sport and for those less fortunate.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Very sorry to read this. This event was one of the highlights of the summer for us.

Thank you John for all the work you have done.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks John for putting on a great poker run for a wonderful cause!
Old 11-23-2016, 04:22 PM
Registered

Thanks John for all you've done. I hate to hear that. No one can imagine the amount of hours and your own money that you spent to make that such a wonderful run That was my favorite poker run. look forward to seeing you out on the water.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm sorry to hear this as well. I've heard nothing but good things and have been trying to get down there for this run but we just haven't been able to make it work.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just noticed this thread. Lanier Partners has lost not only its founder this year, but I would imagine one of its biggest charitable events.
With John and 5 board members pulling out, the story is told.
Thanks John for 6 years of fantastic poker runs here in Atlanta. From the start, you set a goal for them to be first class, great events and they truly were. Every one, and all for charity. Simply an amazing amount of money raised for children in need.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Man is it for sure a done deal? I'm still hoping something good is going to happen. I hate this, right here in my back yard, charities for children great times very very sad.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Registered

There are many many boats going to the 1st Annual Memorial Run on Lake Cumberlad July 13-15
Old 07-16-2018, 08:57 AM
Registered

Default Pirates of Lanier 2018

John, any chance you're coming back to participate this year?? I saw your boat out on Lanier a couple weeks ago. Hoping you were getting her tuned up for a comeback??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.