1000 Islands Charity Poker Run >

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Notices

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all sponsors..... calling sponsors.....

We are really excited with our sponsorship program that offers a lot of value to not just a business but most importantly you the boater...
Go to www.1000islandsrun.com check out the sponsor section ... there something for everyone... for example I am going to be a Silver sponsor... it is going to cost me almost the same for an entry for 4 people... now I can help even more towards this charitable event and get acknowledged for it at the same time... you can also use it as a business write off... win win all the way around...
Take a second and check it out...

On another note... we are really excited to have Devin Wozencraft from Wozencraft Insurance join us with his family all the way from California...

Things to remember hotels are filling up quickly... we still have a number of locations available so don't worry about accommodation yet... registrations are filling up quickly though now that weather has broken the last two days in Rochester have been in the high 80s low 90s... time for some boating.

If anyone has any concerns or questions please feel free to reach out to us... whether it is logistics getting here... or leaving here and going to another run... we have the ability to help with all concerns.

Can't wait to see all of you!

Jeff aka Captain Morgan
Old 05-19-2017, 10:35 AM
Registered

THANK YOU Jeff Morgan. To make it easy here's the entire sponsor letter with a simple cut and paste. People are stepping up today. This is going to be an amazing event.

1000 Island Charity Poker Run Sponsorship Opportunities

The 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run is an all volunteer power boating event dedicated to the charitable needs of the Thousand Islands Region.

This event will be a multi day event with a very large presence on Friday and Saturday, July 14th and 15th in Clayton, NY. Exposure will literally be to thousands of

spectators. Besides being a great cause it will be a marketing bonanza with lots of photography and magazine coverage as well as local TV, Newspaper and Electronic News.

On a larger scale, the event is being covered by the nation’s number 1 on-line publication in the powerboating industry. Speed on the Water publishes monthly on-line and in print annually with a year in review. They have a large presence on Facebook with Speed on the Water Friends. Their editor/writer will be attending as well as the top photographer in the powerboating industry as their chief photographer. The event, the cause, and the area will be receiving a lot of exposure.

We are PROUD to say that the event we are doing this July is 100% charitable. ALL proceeds with be donated directly back into the community.

Our primary recipient for 2017 will be The River Community Wellness Program at River Hospital in Alexandria Bay. This Wellness Center treats active military and veterans with PTSD and TBI. It’s an expanding program with fantastic successes. https://www.riverhospital.orgpages/behavioral-health

Other recipients include

· Town of Clayton Youth Program

· The Clayton Volunteer Fire Department

· The Alexandria Bay Volunteer Fire Department

· Thousand Island Emergency Rescue Service

· The local Food Pantries

This is a nonprofit event with a 501(c) (3) fully denotable event that your company can market and advertise your products and corporate logo. Your information will be displayed on several tiers based on your sponsorship level.

The 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run has already attracted participants from all over the United States. On the opening day of registration almost 50% of the available spots for teams sold out. The total number of teams is capped at 75. The event covers a 140 mile course stretching between Cape Vincent and Ogdensburg including Clayton and Alexandria Bay. Several thousand people are expected on Friday for the street part and display of boats and again on Saturday for the event.

We have had a very large presence already on Facebook averaging 7500 views per week. Find us on Facebook at 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run.

Our website is www.1000islandsrun.com Please look at Facebook and the web site to see all that is planned.

Sponsorship can be made easily and securely though Pay Pal directly from our website at www.1000islandsrun.com or via check to 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run Corp. at the address below

We welcome questions regarding tailoring a sponsorship to your wants or needs by contacting us by e-mail [email protected]

This event quickly gathered the support of all the officials in Clayton and along the river communities where the boats will be stopping. The sense of being a part of the River Community and for all to pitch in for an exciting event to benefit our own citizens has driven an amazing number of people to already volunteer to help.

For some sponsors this will only be about the cause. Some sponsors will look at this as marketing. Understanding that not all businesses have marketing dollars set aside for events like this, we would like to add that we are looking for items to be auctioned off at the awards banquet on Saturday night. It’s all about raising money and that is another great way to participate.

Lastly, if there is something you could contribute to the event as a sponsorship in kind, be it either goods or services, please contact us to discuss that.

We’d like to thank you in advance of behalf of our committee for considering sponsorship. The levels available are on the website and in a link we will forward to you. We would love to have you involved and we will look forward to seeing you at the event.

Doug Tulloch Co- Chair Bobby Cantwell Co-Chair

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run Corp.

230 James Street

Clayton NY 13624

Committee Members: Doug Tulloch – Bobby Cantwell – Ken Lalonde – Brian Willix – Brian Hudon – Rick Thompson

Tom Cheney - Alex Buduson – Brian Jones – Don Lingenfelter – Julie Garnsey – Bob Briggs Meredith Fox - Mark Hodge - Kasandra Kittle – Jake VanReenen – Jeff Morgan – Court Rutherford

When you come to the Thousand Islands we make you feel special because you are special. Here are other important items we want you to know about our event:

· The pristine water, natural landscape and towns you visit are as picturesque as any in the world

· We are centered in one of the most affluent boating regions of the North East

· The area has been voted as one of the top 10 archipelagoes in the world

· We have long been known as “The Fresh Water Boating Capital the World!”

· We have nearby IFR and jet-rated airports for visitors

· Marina and dockage facilities adjacent to downtown provide excellent exposure for events and displays

Platinum Sponsor – $5,000

· Preferred boat slip assignment, if paid before June 7, 2017

· Wristbands for ten people in all land-based events*

· A prominent spot to display your product

· Poker Run registration and two boat slips

· A banner in the most highly visible spot for the entire event

· Link from Thousand Island Charity Run website

· A photo remembrance package by Pete Boden of your boat and crew

· Premium placement of corporate logo on printed material

Gold Sponsor -$2,500

· Preferred boat slip assignment, if paid by June 7, 2017

· Wristbands for eight people in all land-based events*

· Poker Run registration and one boat slip

· A banner in a highly visible spot for the entire event

· A photo remembrance package by Pete Boden of your boat and crew

· Corporate logo on printed material

Silver Sponsor – $1,250

· Preferred boat slip assignment, if paid by June 7, 2017

· Wristbands for four people in all land-based events*

· Poker Run registration and one boat slip

· A banner in a highly visible spot for the entire event

Bronze Sponsor – $500

· A spot to display your product

· Wristbands for two people in all land-based events*

· Direct exposure to hundreds of high performance enthusiasts

*Wristband includes entry to:

· Thursday tours of Boldt Castle and/or Singer Castle

· Friday dinner party at O’Brien’s

· Saturday morning Captain’s breakfast

· Saturday lunch in Alexandria Bay, NY

· Saturday dinner, poker awards, Auction and Party!

Patron Sponsor – $100 - $499

· All Patrons will be displayed on the master banner at the hotel/marina before and during the event. They will also be on the Facebook page and the website listed under Patrons.

Silent Auction Items

We are looking for items to be donated that can be auctioned off during the silent auction. Your name will be listed as a donor on the master banner and on the website under auction donors. Your name will also be attached to the item being auctioned. This is a very important part of the process of raising money and we appreciate all donations.

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run * 230 James Street * Clayton, NY 13624
Old 05-30-2017, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Had a conversation with Court Sunday afternoon in the Bay, sounds like the registration for this event is coming along in fine shape. Some real awesome big money runners have apparently just signed up. Sounded like this might be the run of the season.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 PM
Registered

Default Thanks

Nice to hear from you ragged edge. Yes, we are pretty psyched about the growing ranks of participants. We love them all! We are going to do good things for the community, the charities involved and the region in general by bringing so many people from all corners of the United States here. Lavey Craft out of Southern California is busting their hump to bring a beautiful new 29 here and premier it at this event. We have guys locally who haven't done a run in years but who wanted to do this one. We've got big dogs coming who have never seen the region or boated in a place like this. They are going to love it as much as we do. We've got big dogs who call this home too. We've got people bringing their families and doing extended vacations to include this run. They are going to get to see the castles and that's pretty darn exciting. And how about the fact that we've got Speed on the Water covering this event! Mother nature dealt us plenty of water this year but we are extremely confident that it will be business as usual six weeks from now and everybody will be able to get out on the water and enjoy this event. Thanks again for writing. RS
Old 05-31-2017, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rock Star 38
Nice to hear from you ragged edge. Thanks again for writing. RS

You are more than welcome. However in the future caps on the R and E would be in order, just say'n.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:37 AM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
You are more than welcome. However in the future caps on the R and E would be in order, just say'n.
Sure Thing, Peter. I'm Going To Try To Dictate Better Next Time. See You Soon. On a serious note I will be calling you today to talk about the event. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Registered

Default bring it on.. 6 weeks to go.

A letter from the committee.

The entire committee of the 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run is very excited about our upcoming event with six weeks to go. Registrations have continued to come in as have sponsorships. Thank you so much!!! Because of the adjusted sponsorship structure, some people have chosen to upgrade their registration to a full-blown sponsorship and we are thrilled to have that. Any questions can be answered simply by going to the website and looking at the sponsor page. www.1000islandsrun.com or by writing to us at [email protected]

There's been a lot of conversation because of the high water on the St. Lawrence River. We are a 100% go for our event. Being based out of Clayton where the river is much wider we are able to still be respectful river users and keep our distance from shore. With six weeks to go and the high water peak behind us we are on top of the situation. We can tell you this, as we get into the final details, the party and the event are going to be fantastic. The run itself may reroute slightly but there's going to be a lot of great running.

I was on the river yesterday when the weather got beautiful and so were many other people. The new temporary speed limit that's in effect near shore did not stop anybody from having a good river day. This river is so big that with a little common sense and some planning and maybe even some patience the river experience will not only be great but it may even be enhanced by seeing more things.

As members of this river community we are very excited to open our arms and our homes and our businesses to all the participants and spectators who have overwhelmingly showed support for this event. We are open for business here and at the 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run. With or without the High water, which will absolutely be lower in six weeks, the show will go on and it's going to be a fantastic show!! On behalf of the entire committee, thank you for your support.

Regards - The Committee

Last edited by Rock Star 38; 06-04-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Registered

Default Have a look...

this is exactly what I was talking about yesterday. A registration that was converted to a sponsorship. The committee would like to thank Phil Hess and Upstate Powerboat www.facebook.com/upstatepowerboat for stepping it up to a SILVER Sponsorship!! Phil paints boats and will have a couple samples of his work on display. Thanks for registering and for the sponsorship, Phil.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rock Star 38
Sure Thing, Peter. I'm Going To Try To Dictate Better Next Time. See You Soon. On a serious note I will be calling you today to talk about the event. Thanks.
Well today has since come and gone, yesterday and the day after. However Samantha did read me your textie thingie to her.
A Driver in my boat and possibly an EMT,,,,, Not! Spell check off, we figure you mean a Diver and EMT. Need little more info on what you're looking for here. I am still working on someone coughing up a new set of Bravo XR's so that the Biotch can run in the happy land, if not I may need to pull pocket change to cover the pair. Wounded one last fall and have decided that the thing to do here is just buy two new ones and be f'n done with it. Ten years, 250+ hours, not a prob, they don't owe me a dime in my book.

In any event, you have the number, call me, let me know what you are looking for.

P.S. work on that dictate.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Registered

Default Caps and all

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Well today has since come and gone, yesterday and the day after. However Samantha did read me your textie thingie to her.
A Driver in my boat and possibly an EMT,,,,, Not! Spell check off, we figure you mean a Diver and EMT. Need little more info on what you're looking for here. I am still working on someone coughing up a new set of Bravo XR's so that the Biotch can run in the happy land, if not I may need to pull pocket change to cover the pair. Wounded one last fall and have decided that the thing to do here is just buy two new ones and be f'n done with it. Ten years, 250+ hours, not a prob, they don't owe me a dime in my book.

In any event, you have the number, call me, let me know what you are looking for.

P.S. work on that dictate.
I'll type instead RaggedEdge. That'll make my dictation look awesome.
Step up and get those new drives!! WTH are you waiting for? If not now, then when? When you're another year older? Nope. Just do it. That boat is so sweet and you love it so it may as well see the water.

Anyway, I'll be in the car around noon time tomorrow on a quick trip to Boonville so I'll have some talk time. We was a wondering if you'd be interested in being a safety boat, if you're running. You'd have a DIVER and a paramedic and run mid pack. We'll all be in radio communication and the safety plan is very well laid out. We need at least 2 safety boats and one of them needs to run in the 70's with ease. I've got other offers but I'd like you in this important role if possible. Shear boat skills and river knowledge make it a good fit. Think about it and I'll call you tomorrow. I swear I'll try to now forget. I have a zillion things going on and the little hamster falls asleep in the wheel sometimes.

Cheers, RS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.