1000 Islands Charity Poker Run >

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Notices

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 07-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner
I did... I was running 30 mph and within 600' of the shoreline up near Abay. They also noise checked me but let me slide on that for just being slightly over the allowable 90 db.

What is the fine for ? Was it for going to fast in a no wake zone ?
In Canada, I believe it does not go against your car licence. Do you know if that is correct for the USA ?
Old 07-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

It's written as "Imprudent speed > 5 mph within 600' of shore" and carries a fine up to $250... I'll know how much once they respond back to me. There's no points against my license.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Incredible First Impression

The entire committee and community involved with this inaugural event should be very proud of the event created and presented. An opportunity to create a premium charitable poker run event situated in an exclusive boating destination was recognized and then realized through the hard work of many.

The charitable aspect of this event is the driving force in inspiring volunteers, participants, and the entire river community to be engaged and involved. Certainly there are key committee members who were driving forces behind the inception and execution of this accomplishment; they each have our gratitude.

It seemed surreal to be sitting around the fire pits Saturday night, reflecting on a dream that had just been realized. A incredible event where charity, history, luxury, beauty, safety, and organization had just been leveraged to create an ultimate poker run experience.

To each one of the organizers who turned dreams into reality we collectively say thank you.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Just out of idle curiosity where did the charity numbers on this run end up? Have heard a few numbers from a couple of the staff folks, just wondering how well it did do for the charities.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Registered

Anyone know why we didn,t see MY WAY or AQUAMANIA, the other fast turbine boat from Alex Bay, in to-days 1000 ISLANDS POKER RUN 2018, which came to Brockville and Prescott ? Hearing and seeing those 2 fantastic boats is the highlight of the summer for a lot of boaters, and many spectators I chatted with to-day were very disappointed that they didn,t make it down our way.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by 350scarab
Anyone know why we didn,t see MY WAY or AQUAMANIA, the other fast turbine boat from Alex Bay, in to-days 1000 ISLANDS POKER RUN 2018, which came to Brockville and Prescott ? Hearing and seeing those 2 fantastic boats is the highlight of the summer for a lot of boaters, and many spectators I chatted with to-day were very disappointed that they didn,t make it down our way.

not running ....
Old 08-19-2018, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey

not running ....
Do you mean, broke down, engine wise, or just didn,t want to participate ? Kinda strange they would both be broke down at the same time mechanical wise.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by 350scarab
Do you mean, broke down, engine wise, or just didn,t want to participate ? Kinda strange they would both be broke down at the same time mechanical wise.
I know Aquamania had mechanical issues...MYWay??? No idea.....
Old 09-27-2018, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great. Thanks for the nice comment too.