freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 779 Likes on 576 Posts

freeze frame video will be there
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-31-2017, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the water level condition information and overall situation on the Canadian side of the river that we have received , we are able to run the event as planned would out causing damage.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Registered

Can't wait! Looking forward to another great weekend in Kingston!
Old 08-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Registered

1000 islands Poker run in Kingston ON , will Rock and Roll more than ever this year

Come on Down , Ride with us , come and show case your boat and participate to our Public choice best exotic graphic contest or if you think that your audio sound system is the top of the line and you can blow it hard !!! register to our Friday night Best Audio sound system and show us if you are the hottest sound master. Note that there is already good competition waiting for you !
looking forward to see you
Old 08-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

What happened to the quality of this poker run ?
It appears that every year, there are less and less boats registered that run in this event.
No helicopter, no pictures, no interest.
Very bad combo for an event that use to draw thousands of spectators.
What is going on ?
Old 08-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Registered

Where you part of the event as there was more than 65 boats participating to the event !
There was as well one helicopter, 1 drome , 1 video cameraman , 3 photographer and still thousands of spectators and pleasure boats on the water looking at the poker run go by !The event schedule was on time maybe you mist it !
Old 08-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Registered

There was no helicopter in site down Prescott way.
Maybe half the boats and helicopter turned at Brockville and went back to Kingston.
All the spectators down this way were very disappointed in the number of boats that came down this way.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:04 PM
Registered

I didn't do a count, but based on open dock space there was about 10 boats less than last year, which would put it around 65. The weather Saturday morning was pretty crappy prior to the run but cleared up by the time they were pulling out and there was lots spectators along the shore of Kingston harbour. There was a helicopter, although it was late in arriving, possibly due to the earlier weather or mechanical issue? It didn't show up until the boats had all left Kingston. Friday was a very good turnout in Kingston and lots going on, Saturday was busy both in the morning for the start and later in the afternoon when they returned. I agree that the event is not as large as it used to be when they had over 100 boats attend but that is in part, imo, due to the amount of poker runs and other large boating events that are taking place nowadays. How many different poker runs took place the same weekend? The week before was the Buffalo run, this weekend is LOTO and the Shootout. People that may have normally come to the 1000 Islands event are probably now more likely to attend an event closer to home or are going to one of the other runs for something different that may have not done before. Overall I would say it was still a success.

On a different note, does anyone know what the deal was with Aquamania? They weren't in Kingston prior to the run, they showed up outside the harbour just as the boats were starting to leave the docks and hung out further out from the milling area right in the traffic lane. When the run started he appeared to idle right out into the path of My Way forcing him to veer the right and then got on the throttles and proceeded to join in. Were they even an actual participant this year or did they just show up and run along? They also weren't in Kingston when the boats returned, which is what is making me think they weren't actual participants...
Old 08-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Registered

Aquamania was one of the boats that didn,t come down as far as Prescott. Maybe he wasn,t a participant.
Any chance that there might be some friction between the owners of those 2 boats ? Maybe he was dis-appointed that Coskner was a passenger in MY WAY. LOL
Old 08-23-2017, 07:58 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I 've been attending this event for 15+ years.... there certainly was a helicopter.... and spectators on the water were equal to any other year I've attended... boats entered were the cream of the crop as always.... this event had stopped attracting the "weekend warriors" years ago as participants.... mostly high dollar big boats participate.... but I was impressed that Aquamaniac did muster the courage to be on the river at the same time as MyWay...lol.... it was a great event and well worth the trip as always.....