Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2017 Tickfaw 200 May 4th-6th (General Help and Info) >

2017 Tickfaw 200 May 4th-6th (General Help and Info)

Notices

2017 Tickfaw 200 May 4th-6th (General Help and Info)

Old 01-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

good luck renting a house with a dock. LOL
Old 01-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

NY crew is coming back! cannot wait!!!!! most fun event we attended last year BY FAR!!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time for me to go to Tickfaw so I don't know what is available that's why I started this thread. I don't need a house with a Dock I need a house and a dock with shore power, they don't need to be in the same place.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Registered

I doubt you will find what you are looking for. Some people drive to the marina, launch their boat, then the marina takes your trailer off the truck at the boat launch and parks it for the entire event in a huge field on the main road by the marina. Your trailer has a number on it. While you are parking your boat around the corner in the canals that you leave your boat in over night, the 2nd person takes your truck and finds a parking place. The canal and truck parking is all at one location. No shore power. Once your boat and truck is parked, you can go put a lock on your trailer if you feel the need to do so. Enjoy the poker run and party at night at the marina. When it is time for bed, you go to a hotel and leave your boat in the canal overnight. If you have a cover for the cabin area, I recommend using it because of all the moisture and bugs at night. If nobody is going to be sober enough to drive, then I think there is a taxi service that you can get involved with. The next day, bring some towels to dry off your boat. It will be wet from the moisture and you will find some spiders to kill. When the event is over, you can go get your own trailer with your truck and you don't have to wait on the marina to go get your trailer. It takes two people and there is another boat launch around the corner from the marina. The best way to go is if you had a RV and could stay at the marina the entire time. That would be awesome. Good Luck.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:25 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

If there is enough interest. We're trying to get a group together for a tres driving class the week of tickfaw 200.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Registered

Thank you, an RV is a good idea. Now I just need to find a friend with one.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Registered

Well it looks like I have a Class A RV a buddy will let me use, also may have a cabin and will know on Tuesday. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I have to find someone to go get my boat from Orange Beach and, once over with, bring it back. Looking forward to Tickfaw, Smokin the Sound, and Emerald Coast this year. Cya all there.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:50 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Just sent you a email. With hotel list in the area and who I would i'm in for transportation of the boat along with the registration
Old 01-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Registered

Got it sent you one back. Thank You.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2016 The organizers made retrieving your boat more difficult. The primary launch ramp at the Host Marina (Blood River Landing) would not allow boats out at the end of the run. SO those of us who ended up alone on that Sunday had to find a way to get the truck & trailer to the public ramp (not in walking distance) and then get the boat out. I had to rely on someone I didn't know, who didn't know my retrieval routine to drive my truck and 36' trailer to the public ramp, negotiate that cluster **** and pull me out. I was NOT happy, and ultimately scratched my hull from the GD winch crank. So plan accordingly, that last day trying to get out REALLY sucked balls. Not to mention the 4 hour wait in the channel for my turn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.