Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
If there were a fall Tampa Bay run, would there be any interest? >

If there were a fall Tampa Bay run, would there be any interest?

Notices

If there were a fall Tampa Bay run, would there be any interest?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If there were a fall Tampa Bay run, would there be any interest?

Some friends and I have been kicking around the idea of putting on an event within Tampa Bay in the late summer/early fall timeframe. Maybe this year, maybe next if we need that much time. I know the FPC does their Tampa Bay Poker run next month, but that event really only caters to very upper crust of the boating community. This event would in no way compete with that event at all. This event would be a much more modest event, meant to cater more to the 90,000 boats registered in the two counties that border Tampa Bay and of course we would love to have any and every boat that would come! I'd love to make it a fun weekend for boats of all sizes and speeds to get together.

I'm in the early planning stages at this point. So far I've reached out to the local governments involved and to insurance companies, coast guard etc... just to lay some groundwork. And I'd love to take advice from any of you who have participated/put on these events in the past. And I'm very open to any thoughts, comments, questions, concerns, criticism, or anything else you want to hit me with!
Thanks!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Registered

I'm in. Sounds like fun. You might want to check on the 2 Donzi sites (www.donzi.net & www.donzi.org) and on Scream and Fly. I think a lot of those folks would be interested.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

We would be interested in coming down from MD. Certainly can't afford any of those FPC runs (just working folks) but would definitely entertain coming down and running those waters with normal working folk..
Old 03-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Registered

I apssed this along to a few folks in our area to see if there's any interest. It'd be nice to do this.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xomArI4aJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeG3dwk8D6w
Old 03-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Registered

OK, that second one just isn't right! LOL
Old 03-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Registered

Donziboy, thanks for spreading the word! I'm still messing with the logistic side of it, but it's starting to seem like if we're going to do it I'll just have to pick a weekend and do it and put the logistics in place as they fall.
I'm going to put together a facebook group for it here in the next day or so that everyone can jump into. I'm 100% open to any and all ideas about what people want to do. I'd love to make a fun weekend out of it for everyone.

badmonkey, yah that's the hope! The entry fee alone to the FPC event is more than I spend on fuel in a month, lol. But they do a GREAT job at what they do at the level that they do it!
Old 03-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Registered

I am interested. Hard part is making it affordable for most. Hope it works out.

Bob
Old 03-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Registered

You could make it like the New Year's Day Fun Run. Just pick a place for everyone to put in and a destination to meet for lunch or whatever. That keeps it simple and affordable for everyone.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Registered

The issue may be weather but beyond this a boating day or two with some stops catering for all types is well worth attending. Am sure some of the boat brokers and local financial organisations may be interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.