Notices

Sarasota Spring Poker Run

Old 02-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sarasota Spring Poker Run/Date Change

Although the race dates for the Sarasota Offshore Showdown have been rescheduled for August, the poker run that I had scheduled for May 8, 2004 is still going to happen. I'm having to change some of the final details, but basically it will still benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I want to double check for any conflicting runs, but it looks as though May 8 will still work. This will be a "grass roots" style poker run with emphasis on good ole fashioned fun. I had the run about 75% worked out when I got notice yesterday the dates for the race had changed. Will post more info within the next 48 hours.

During negotiations with the Hyatt this afternoon, they informed us of previous commitments on May 8 and asked us to reschedule to the following weekend Saturday May 15. (rain date Sunday May 16)

Also, due to some legal technicalities we are calling it a "fun run" instead of a poker run. (like not having to rent a helicopter). So officially it will be the
"Playing (with emphasis on playing i.e., playing poker) For a Cure-SOS Springtime 'Fun' Run.

In the next couple of days I will have all the info on room rates, registration, etc. Will keep everyone posted. Thank you...

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 02-19-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Im ready lets go how about a practice run in march ??
Old 02-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered

There are a couple of poker runs before the May 8th run. One is the OPBA Spring Poker run in mid-April, I'll check the date and the Suncoast Offshore Racing Association will be having one based out of the Hyatt in March. I will check both dates and get back with you.

The May 8th run is officially the "Playing for a Cure/SOS Sarasota Springtime Poker Run". It will benefit both JDRF and PAL. Host hotel is the Hyatt, there will be multiple destinations giving entrants a choice to run as a group, or some people would be able to go off by themselves or with smaller groups. I'm setting it up so that at least five of the stops are accessible by land vehicles to attract "custom" and "classic" cars and bikes, with everyone eventually meeting back at the Hyatt. Interest has been phenominal. Entrance fee will only be $ 75.00 which includes two tee shirts and one poker hand. Extra poker hands available at $ 10.00 each and extra tee shirts available for same. It's going to be a blast. OPBA is interested in "co-hosting".
Old 03-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

its march any news about any runs
Old 03-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered

We are having a Race Committee meeting for the Sarasota Offshore Showdown tomorrow Wed. 3-3-04.
Details, including room rates at the Hyatt, will be finalized. I will post all information concerning this run no later than Thursday evening. We are expecting a minimum of 65 boats and hoping for more. My e-mail is:
[email protected]

Open invitation to all.....
Old 03-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formula,

We will be there, but running with the slow guys!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Registered

Sometimes it doesn't matter how fast you get there, just that you have the opportunity to get there and be part of it. Hell, I'll be running with the slower guys. This is going to be a wicked cool run. Much different that most poker runs. Lots more options on how each participant wants to run it. Hyatt host hotel, (is there any other in this area?), great pool party after the run, drink specials, prizes, good lookin babes, and Ricochet Mike buying the beer.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
Sometimes it doesn't matter how fast you get there, just that you have the opportunity to get there and be part of it. Hell, I'll be running with the slower guys. This is going to be a wicked cool run. Much different that most poker runs. Lots more options on how each participant wants to run it. Hyatt host hotel, (is there any other in this area?), great pool party after the run, drink specials, prizes, good lookin babes, and Ricochet Mike buying the beer.
OK, I'll be runnin' with the REALLY SLOW guys then!!!!

I like the sound of the Pool Party, and the babes, and all that!!!!

Well, just ordered a chitload of parts to get her back in shape for one more year, So I'll be a busy boy for the next few weeks.