I will be there.
I will bring a few others with me.
Dean
Old 03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2nd ann. Carl Flood KY Lake poker Run

Mitch,

Whats the cost going to be this year. Thinking about running it now that I have the bigger boat. Amanda is not real up on the idea yet, but me and friend might do it and I will send her shopping.

Matt
Old 03-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Registered

Can someone post some info here for us please?
Dates, times, etc.
Will it be at KY Dam Village?

Thanks,
Dean
Old 03-28-2005, 10:43 PM

Mitch,
MCPA is in of course. Hope you and tracy can make it to the Kick-off party on April 2nd. We are all looking forward to seeing you guys....
Old 03-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Registered

i'll be there if my boat is ready by then
Old 04-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]S-Up Guy's,, I'll attach a basic info sheet for ya,, or you can go to www.kentuckylake.com and click on the Poker Run Link, It should be up and running by this weekend.

Evan, I doubt if we make the Dinner, even though we would love to,, its spring Break for the Kids and I have to go buy a freakin Prom Dress and all the SHIP that goes with it!!!

Mitch
Hello Poker Runners,
The 2005 edition of the Ky. Lake Poker Run will be held Sat., July 9th, at the Ky. Dam State Park in Gilbertsville, Ky.
The Drivers Meeting will be at the marina, starting at 9:30am, with the first group of boats taking the green flag at 10:00am and the second group leaving 5 minutes later.
The Ky. Dam State Resort is the Host Hotel this year so book your rooms ASAP, and mention the Poker Run as they have rooms reserved for us. Tel# 800-325-0146 The marina has slips for us as well, if anyone needs one. Marina # 270-362-8386
The Ramada Inn in Gilbertsville ( 2 minute drive) has rooms for us, as does the Holiday Inn in Draffenville (10 minute drive) Ramada Inn # 270-362-4278 Holiday Inn # 270-527-5300
The evening's festivites will start with dinner at 6:00pm at the Ky. Dam Convention Center, with the opening of the cards, trophy presentation and party to follow. The Convention Center is a very nice "air conditioned" facility with plenty of room for dining and dancing. Our dinner will be a buffett style affair, with Hand Carved Prime Rib, Southern Fried Chicken, and Catfish as entrees along with Vegatables, Salad, and Dessert.
This years Run will start with a 30 mile jaunt, due south to the Ken-Lake Marina and there we will all raft off, pass out the cards, have drawings for prizes, take pictures for several magazines and newspapers, and basically just have time to see old friends and make new ones!! Fuel is available at the marina.
From here we are going to change up the basic Poker Run format and go with the format used by the Emerald Coast Poker Run in FL. and others. When you leave Ken-Lake, you will already have 2 Cards in your Hand. There will be a total of 5 more card stops available, so if you want to make the remaining 5 stops, you'll open 7 cards that night. If you want to make only 3 of the the remaining stops and hang out at the Rock Quarry the rest of the day, you will still have a 5 card hand to open that night. I hope I've explained it easily enough for everyone to understand, if not, we will go over it again in the Drivers Meeting. I'll offer a quick explanation; Last year I had several of the smaller boats not really "enjoying" running in the big boats wakes all day, and with the price of fuel the way it is, this should make it a little easier to handle. You'll receive a detailed map with your drivers packet showing all the stops. Two of the stops, The Moors Marina and Buzzard Rock Marina, have food and fuel available If you get hungry or thirsty!!!!!! Three pm is the card deadline. No cards will be given out after 3:00pm at any of the Stops!!!!!!
OK I'm begging here. Please send in your entry forms as soon as possible so I can get a head count for the Chef to prepare enough food for everyone that evening and also to get the correct size T-Shirt you want. So, please, if you want to eat and you want a shirt, I need them in my hand at least 45 day's prior to the event.. You can pay the entry fee when you check in Fri. afternoon or Sat morning between 7:00am and 9:00am if you want, but please send in the entry form anyway!!!!!!!!!! ok enough said.
Driver check-in will begin Fri afternoon(the 8th) at 1:00pm at the marina launch ramp area. I know several people are going to make a late afternoon run over to Buzzard Rock Marina for a little food and drink if you're interested. We will also have a Sat. morning check-in starting at 7:30am til 9:00am. That means ending at 9:00, not 9:05!!!!!
Proceeds from our event will go to the Ky. National Guard, Military Police Support Group. I hope you feel like I do, that supporting the famlies of these brave men and women who are defending our freedom all over the world, is a VERY worthwhile cause!!
You can log on to www.kentuckylake.com for any Ky. Lake information, directions, and Poker Run updates!!!

Thank you and we'll see you there!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

One quick question.
The last time I was there a bunch of us tied up at that little dock below the KY Dam Village hotel. Is that still ok or do I need to reserve marina slips for us?
Old 04-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 388Hustler
One quick question.
The last time I was there a bunch of us tied up at that little dock below the KY Dam Village hotel. Is that still ok or do I need to reserve marina slips for us?
It's up to you,,but there's no power or pump-outs at the little dock! go to www.kylakepokerrun.com for downloadable forms.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Mama, want to try to do this in July. It's early, but I can't find the entrance fee. Forgive me if I've missed it.

Quick Reply: 2nd ann. Carl Flood KY Lake poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.