Notices

Lake St. Clair

Old 03-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake St. Clair

Are there any runs planned for this summer?
Old 03-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lake St. Clair

There is a group trying to form on Lake St Clair to do some fun runs, they frequent the Lake St Clair Network

Our July is so packed that we will not be out there much until August

SOTW 2nd week
Chicago Poker Run the 23rd
Leopa the 30th

It 's hard to believe that the ice has not melted and summer is booking up fast.

How is the sale coming on your BT, will you be getting something differnt?

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 03-26-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Registered

Hey, check out www.boynethunder.com it is a poker run up in Boyne City, Mi. It is our new favorite run it starts in Lake Charlevoix and then goes out into Lake Michigan and the water up there is so clean you could drink it. The whole town welcomed all the boaters, they had a gourmet dinner for us on Friday with entertainment and then during the run they had us stop at Bay Harbor ( A unbelievable place ) for lunch on them and then back to Boyne City for dinner and awards. And then after all of that they had a pub crawl. They limit the # of boats at 42 so they can give us all personal treatment. We met some great people from there. Last year was there 1st year and they raised over $35,000 for kids with cancer and most of that came from sponsors because our registration money went for all of the things they gave us boaters. It is awesome but hurry because they only take the 1st 42. JB
Old 03-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

hey Boss, not much info on your profile, where are you from and what boat do you run.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Registered

Were from Birmingham, Mi. and run a 38 Special with HP 500s. Where are you from? Where do you do most of your boating? You should check out that Boyne Thunder, it is a 1st class event, they don't want to be the biggest, just the best. JB
Old 03-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered

Hey Ms. P, how are you. We've done SOTW, don't need to do that again. I was more interested in something local, without as much ego - testosterone involved.

We still have the BT in FL. I plan to bring it north in mid May. Had a couple of folks show some interest. It seems to be picking up as the weather improves. We really don't want to sell, but my wife has had some health issues. She can't go out unless the water is flat because of a back injury. I'll probably get something slower. The boat is a blast, but it sure isn't worth risking further injury.

You ready to move up to 2000 hp yet?

Thanks for the input Boss.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Baja, we live in Waterford on Maceday Lake and try to do a little water skiing in between the offshore events. We trailer everywhere and really enjoy hanging with the guys on Lake Mi and got envolved with the Chicago Offshore Power Squardron as well as LEOPA on Lake Erie, both are great offshore clubs. I heard good things about Boyne but we have to much on our plate this year to participate. You should check out the LEOPA poker run it was a great value only $200.00 and it included good food and fun parties. Where do you keep your boat, we keep our's close to home, right in our driveway! makes it easy since we are always going someplace different .

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 03-26-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Registered

Tim, sorry to hear about your wifes back, is this something new, how is that effecting her horseback riding? You know you don't always have to go that fast

At the moment we are staying put with the 43, Ian has spent the last year rebuilding and changing most of the engine components, hoping for another mile or two

I know what you mean about SOTW, but we have become friends with so many people from OSO that it is a good place to see everyone. We plan to have 8 people on the run so we can divide up the costs.

I would suggest the LEOPA run, but if your boat is at your place in Lake Huron it will be a bit of a haul. Do you know Gary from the Lake Huron Saginaw Bay area he had a 46 extended cockpit BT, unfortunately it was mixed up in the National Marine mess and he wound up having to give it back.
He is getting a new Donzi 38, he said he might do the LEOPA run. see ya Donna
Old 03-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Registered

Saw Your Thread, You Guys Are In A Beautiful Area. I Was There A Couple Of Times For A Gold Cup Event And Let Me Tell You The Water Is Some Of The Most Beautiful Aqua Color I've Seen In The North.

Let Me Know Whats Coming Up This Summer, I'd Like To Visit Again.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boat2530
Saw Your Thread, You Guys Are In A Beautiful Area. I Was There A Couple Of Times For A Gold Cup Event And Let Me Tell You The Water Is Some Of The Most Beautiful Aqua Color I've Seen In The North.

Let Me Know Whats Coming Up This Summer, I'd Like To Visit Again.

Aqua Color , are we talking about Lake St Clair MI?? the one by Detroit

Quick Reply: Lake St. Clair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.