Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Powerboat P1
Lucas Oil Outerlimits Racing Takes First Place! >

Lucas Oil Outerlimits Racing Takes First Place!

Notices

Lucas Oil Outerlimits Racing Takes First Place!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkey, I guess your just trying to get on my nerves!!!
Have you ever been in a race situation where you are heading for a stainless steel buoy at 95-100 mph a huge rooster on to deal with and have no choice but to go through it...?
That was the scenario, we had no idea we lost 6 seconds in the turn and that OL were on the inside...
Its not reckless....Its racing my friend!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:40 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Way to go, Nigel and his team!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wcmarine
Sharkey, I guess your just trying to get on my nerves!!!
Have you ever been in a race situation where you are heading for a stainless steel buoy at 95-100 mph a huge rooster on to deal with and have no choice but to go through it...?
That was the scenario, we had no idea we lost 6 seconds in the turn and that OL were on the inside...
Its not reckless....Its racing my friend!!!
Sorry,

I am not buying it that you were not able to see the OL or it's white wash in the turn. Take another look at the video you referred us to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAfuys5we8

Stop at 21 seconds into the video. You have no rooster tail to your starboard and have clear view of 2 other white washes and wakes to your starboard.

100 mph through the turn for 23 seconds ??? Just how wide were those turns that it took you that long to get through it at 100 mph ???

Now that I reviewed the buoy you refer to,(25 seconds into the video) why was it that you could not pass that to starboard ? Perhaps you may have gotten a penalty ?
A penalty is easier to take than driving into the side of a competitor's boat...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Racer
Racer

I don't know, that looked like some mighty fine driving to me!
We were getting the squeeze in St Clair and I had to dive bomb a turn, running thru someones roostertail isn't my favorite thing, but sometimes it's all that you can do. In defense of WC ( not that he needs any) the video makes things look like there happening a lot slower then they really are, and you can't see whats in front of him either. Adrenaline and 3 abreast thru a turn, doesn't give you a lot of time to weigh things out, come on Tim you've raced before, lol. And I do have a picture of you giving the Fountain Hand sign.
Louie
Old 09-04-2007, 10:06 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by louietherigger
come on Tim you've raced before, lol. And I do have a picture of you giving the Fountain Hand sign.
Louie
Louie,

I wasn't going by what the video (looked) like, I was going by the (actual timing) in the video.
95 to 100 mph for 32 seconds would sure seem like you would cover a whole lot of ground in that amount of time. Certainly more than that turn.
Yes I have raced before. If it were my choice, I would have taken that little yellow bouy to starboard knowing what was in front of me than risk going through something that I couldn't see through. The bouy seemed to be the only concern, therefore I am assuming there were no other fixed objects after that.
The smaller yellow course bouys marking the outside of the course seemed to be to the outside of the steel buoy.
Still no answer on the consequences had they passed it to starboard which I feel would have been a safer move.

As far as that hand signal, I thought that was the Long Island way of flipping someone off ! You tricked me !

Old 09-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Registered

sharkey, im not going to discuss this anymore as I dont have to explain myself to you.
You can look at the video all you want. You clearly have never been in a situation like this.
We would have had a penalty had we passed the buoy to the starboard.
And not knowing they were that close it wasnt a risky move, until we realised they were .
Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Talking

Originally Posted by wcmarine
sharkey, im not going to discuss this anymore as I dont have to explain myself to you.
You can look at the video all you want. You clearly have never been in a situation like this.
We would have had a penalty had we passed the buoy to the starboard.
And not knowing they were that close it wasnt a risky move, until we realised they were .

No need to explain.....the videos tell it all.....

It is my understanding that the buoy was NOT part of the marked course therefore you were allowed to pass it on either side....

Just like how you past the same bouy to the outside and you did not receive a penalty....

Here is a video clip of you passing that same bouy on the opposite side which I am sure you were aware of at the time that there would be no penalty:

2 min 53 second mark of the video:

P1 Race Video Clip Click Here !

Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharkey, sometimes you find your way into white water whether by your choice or not. What is your real point here? Sure racing is dangerous, Sure you need to trust those people racing around you. Sometimes bad things happen while racing. Did something bad happen?
Jim
Old 09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Looks like some awesome driving/racing to me.

Way to run hard wcmarine
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Sharkey, sometimes you find your way into white water whether by your choice or not. What is your real point here? Sure racing is dangerous, Sure you need to trust those people racing around you. Sometimes bad things happen while racing. Did something bad happen?
Jim
Wondering the same. Why are you grilling wcmarine?

Quick Reply: Lucas Oil Outerlimits Racing Takes First Place!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.