If You Cant Beat Them, Protest! >

If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Notices

If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Once Again, Team Fountain Worldwide Has Been Protested By Bitter Race Rivals.

I Find It Extremely Sad That Racers Take To These Measures, Instead Of Just Shutting Up And Racing.

Mr. Sgro, No-one Can Take Away Your Extensive Career And Numerous Wins, But Do You File Protest Every Time You Lose?

I Would Have Thought Real Racers Would Only Be Satisfied By Getting Results On The Race Course, Not Crying Afterwards And Especially When They Dont Even Finish The Race....but That's Just My Opinion

Getting Off My Soapbox, I Want To Add That Craig, James And Team Fountain Worldwide Have Nothing To Do With This Thread. I Wish Them Best Of Luck In Marseille.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

what is the protest about

later
Old 05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

But it was a valid protest since Fountain Worldwide was docked 100 pts, so there had to of been something. Now Lucas Oil is in the lead!!

http://www.powerboatp1.com/news/en/51/article.aspx
Old 05-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LOUISE
I Would Have Thought Real Racers Would Only Be Satisfied By Getting Results On The Race Course, Not Crying Afterwards And Especially When They Dont Even Finish The Race....but That's Just My Opinion

My interpretation of the UIM Offshore rules is that the protestor does not have to finish to lodge a protest - just be involved in the race i.e. start.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Skater is in the lead!

The Evolution class reigning champion #99 Fountain Worldwide team – which won both the Endurance and Sprint race of the 2008 Powerboat P1 season-opener in San Benedetto del Tronto – has been docked 100 points from its championship tally after a post-race protest by the #88 Kiton Outerlimits OSG Racing team.

Pilot James Sheppard and throttleman Craig Wilson started their season with back-to-back wins, but a UIM Commission decided that the protest posted by the OSG Racing team was valid, and – after discussion by the UIM Jury – a decision was issued.

Although the #99 Fountain Worldwide team are allowed to keep their two wins in the San Benedetto Endurance and Sprint races, and their cumulative Italian Grand Prix of the Sea victory, they will be docked 100 points off their championship score, putting the #77 Lucas Oil crew of pilot Shelley Jory and throttleman Nigel Hook into the series lead.

The #99 Fountain Worldwide crew do have the option of protesting the penalty and have stated their intention to do so.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

Mr. Sgro, No-one Can Take Away Your Extensive Career And Numerous Wins, But Do You File Protest Every Time You Lose?

Louise,you answered your own question,with Joe's vast knowledge of racing,he can tell when someone is cheating.The reason he is overseas racing is to get away from the unfair playing ground he was experiencing running Sbi.The question you should ask is,If fountain worldwide is so great and on top of their game,why would they thumb their nose at the rules and cheat to win.Apparently Reggie can't find his way into UIM's pocket,and fountain owners should be ashamed of the way Fountain worldwide conducts business.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered

On the chip.....Your comments are pathetic ! We have never thumbed our noses at the rules, and do not need to cheat to win ! The protest wasnt about us cheating!
Who the hell are you to judge how Fountain Worldwide conducts its business!??
Once again, i suggest you take that think period before you make comments about us!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wcmarine
On the chip.....Your comments are pathetic ! We have never thumbed our noses at the rules, and do not need to cheat to win ! The protest wasnt about us cheating!
Who the hell are you to judge how Fountain Worldwide conducts its business!??
Once again, i suggest you take that think period before you make comments about us!!!
Then tell everyone what the infraction was.

Last edited by ON THE CHIP RACING; 05-12-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

I would reserve any judment on this. Craig and James are one of the best driver/throttleman combos in the world and do not need to cheat to win. My guess would be and misinterpretation of a rule or an on course incident.

You Long island boys love to stir the chit and you will defend your own(Joe Sgro) with blind passion wich is actually admirable in a disturbed sort of way
Old 05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered

Quit beating around the bush and post the issue.

Quick Reply: If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.