US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo

Notices

US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo

Old 09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo

U.S. RACING TEAMS COME TO VIGO SPAIN TO VISIT POWERBOAT P1

A group of U.S. racers are taking off for Vigo, Spain to investigate opportunities in the Powerboat P1 World Championship. Dave Branch of Sarasota, Florida’s Muscle Racing was the first to respond to the invitation to come to a P1 race to “test the waters.” In typical “Muscle Team” fashion, Branch “reached out” to fellow racers, challenging them to join him in the adventure. Other teams had expressed interest in what the Powerboat P1 circuit had to offer so Branch gave them the incentive to come along.

Dave Peterson of Black Pearl, Bill Glick of Hawaiian Tropic and Mark Slater of RLogic Racing will all come to Vigo for the second to the last race of the 200 Powerboat P1 World Championship. The racers are also bringing family members to share the experience and all will return to the States with stories about the differences between P1 and U.S. racing—just in time for the U.S. World Championships for both OSS and SBI/APBA.

“We are psyched for the trip!” says Branch who has stared-down many an adventure, including a collision that spared him last weekend at the OPA race in Point Pleasant, NJ. He sees the visit to Powerboat P1 as a marketing research tool to help decide his racing plans for 2009. “I really want to race in Europe—you let them know I’m coming and if anyone needs a kick-*** throttleman, I’m there!” he states firmly.

Peterson and the Glick have raced with Branch for years and are travelling to Madrid with the Branch family for some vacation exploration before arriving in Vigo just in time for the races.

Mark Slater will be travelling with his son, Kyle, from Detroit, Michigan, to explore some sponsorship opportunities with automotive industry clients in Vigo. He hopes to field a new Evolution Team for the 2009 P1 season.

Powerboat P1 is pleased to have this entourage visit to tour the P1 race experience first-hand. “We are delighted that this group of U.S. racers took us up on our invitation to see P1 from the front row!” said Robert Wicks, Commercial Director for P1, “We look forward to showing them first-hand that P1 is in fact, ‘World Class Racing – World Class Experience.’ We are confident they will enjoy themselves in Vigo!”
Old 09-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh this is going to be interesting.

Think he brought the "Muscle lips" tattoos??

Last edited by Maximus; 09-11-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

now if P1 would just add a cat class
Old 09-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obrien
now if P1 would just add a cat class
would not make sense IMO, there is already Class 1

and the format of P1 is difficult for CATs, imagine them racing in Malta or Marseilles, with Force 6 seas and 3 metre waves
Old 09-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by liam
would not make sense IMO, there is already Class 1

and the format of P1 is difficult for CATs, imagine them racing in Malta or Marseilles, with Force 6 seas and 3 metre waves

Just Imagine...... all of those beautiful V's getting lapped It would be nice to see them racing the same venues on Back to back weekends.

I applaud all that Peter O Toole and his team are doing to bring power boating to the next level.

Nice work and take care of Branch he's one of our favorite racers.
Attached Thumbnails US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo-img_4776_sm.jpg  

Last edited by Maximus; 09-13-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

Default O Toole

I think youll find its Jim not Peter, at P1
Old 09-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Registered

Default O'Toole

Originally Posted by Frank2
I think youll find its Jim not Peter, at P1

Hey, if you sign up and race with us, you can call me Betty!!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jim O'Toole
Hey, if you sign up and race with us, you can call me Betty!!!!!
Or Kermit Jim ... All positieve feedback from US racers watched us racing @ Vigo... thx 4 comming ! I need to get my ass down to Sarasota 1 day and have a few more Cuba libré's with Diamond Dave.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fortwo
Or Kermit Jim ... All positieve feedback from US racers watched us racing @ Vigo... thx 4 comming ! I need to get my ass down to Sarasota 1 day and have a few more Cuba libré's with Diamond Dave.
Sorry "Jim" either way your doing a great job.

Cuba Libre's with Dave in his home town ....oh, oh oh no..... better bring your elephant gun....the CHEETAH awaits!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maximus
Just Imagine...... all of those beautiful V's getting lapped It would be nice to see them racing the same venues on Back to back weekends.

I applaud all that Peter O Toole and his team are doing to bring power boating to the next level.

Nice work and take care of Branch he's one of our favorite racers.
You wouldn't happen to have a higher resoultion version of that picture would you? I'd love to make that my windows wallpaper for a while.
thx

Quick Reply: US Racers Visit Powerboat P1 in Vigo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.