Notices

p1

Old 04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the boat count was hurting them, and with that said they were having trouble keeping sites.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liam
The bad PR in all this, it is like left less to month before the season started. Many teams have been preparing the boats some also buying new or building a new boat.
And then if you are in financial trouble why buy the Superstock championship? Why make a deal to do the Syracuse race on Eurosport live?
Dont get me wrong both of these are great ideas, but when things turn ugly you just have to put a cruise control to your spending and may be slowing it down, kinda like they did last year. In the end we still had a great P1 championship in 2009. Maybe one of the best in the last three years considering how both the classes where decided.
+1 liam
Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scotty uk
it was almost certainly financial but he has assured all those team owners who have invested heavily in P1 that he will do everything possible to assist them as long as it does not involve money
I have had a 1 hour interview with Robert Wicks the CEO of P1, for the magazine I wriite for in England, and he said that the Superstock series that they acquired together with the the RIB World Championship and the Jetsport UIM Championship will all benefit from the budget they would have spent on P1, so if you believe what he says then it isn't financial - he also laid the blame on the venues and the teams not being professional enough and there not being enough boats and too many breakdowns leaving somewhat less of a spectacle making the sport "not sustainable".

I know that there are a large number of people who spent Easter on the phone trying to sort this out so that the teams have somewhere to race the boats. |P1 are insisting they will be back in the big boats in two years ..............

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cookee
he also laid the blame on the venues and the teams not being professional enough and there not being enough boats and too many breakdowns leaving somewhat less of a spectacle making the sport "not sustainable".
They obviously don`t even look at the Class1, I guess...
What I find very strange, is why they don`t run Class1 & P1 at the same events. At least some of them where there`s possibilities. Like Sweden this year...? Instead they schedule two events at the same weekend, only 45 minutes travel between them...
Old 04-06-2010, 12:58 PM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyStingray
They obviously don`t even look at the Class1, I guess...
What I find very strange, is why they don`t run Class1 & P1 at the same events. At least some of them where there`s possibilities. Like Sweden this year...? Instead they schedule two events at the same weekend, only 45 minutes travel between them...
We had the same thing in the UK with the old Formula Four Stroke Honda series that P1 has taken over not wanting to race with the other classes which was fine when Honda was pouring money in, but when they started to withdraw and the numbers declined they still wouldn't join in - if they want more spectacle what could be better than Class One cats and Class One/P1 Monos at the same venue?

I think they think it dilutes the brand - I think it strengthens the apparent value of the event!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cookee
I have had a 1 hour interview with Robert Wicks the CEO of P1, for the magazine I wriite for in England, and he said that the Superstock series that they acquired together with the the RIB World Championship and the Jetsport UIM Championship will all benefit from the budget they would have spent on P1, so if you believe what he says then it isn't financial - he also laid the blame on the venues and the teams not being professional enough and there not being enough boats and too many breakdowns leaving somewhat less of a spectacle making the sport "not sustainable".
As you are saying it I understand that Wicks says that instead spending money on P1 Evo and SS we spent it on Honda4 and the new Rib class, and the return will be the same.
If you have problems with the teams and venues this should be handled by latest end of 2009 not a month before the championship started.
I agree on venues the cancellation of Croatia a month before it happened because they did not pay up was a shame, but so did P1 management last week. They cancelled a whole championship!
For the teams I dont know, but may be P1 wanted an upfront fee for a whole season instead the usual before you race fee they had last year.
I hope for P1 management that the teams will be interested to race with them, becacuse according to Daniel Cramphorn from Team SW1 they have already / should manage to run a championship with 19 boats in 2 classes and 5 confirmed GP venues so far.

There is a lot of potential in P1 how to make benefits of it is for them to see and find.

As for P1 and Class 1 togather I dont agree. Look at the sea condition P1 race into. It is like making a F1 race togather with a rally one = impossible.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Registered

Very difficult to achieve commercial success in offshore racing with 1 or 2 classes each having 5 - 7 boats.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by liam
t They cancelled a whole championship!
Where did you find that out....?
As for the moment there is really nowhere an official statement that explains it. Neither on their website, or any other communication.

Right now I know many people behind the scenes are fighting to keep the races going, maybe or maybe not, somewhere in another format. I really hope this can go on, not only because teams were allready preparing themselves, even some have new boats.

It should be a great shame that this powerboat circuit that each time was growing and growing and becoming beter, has now the risk of become a victim of his own success.

Let's all keep in our hearts where it should be all about; powerboatracing!!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

It is said in the official site with statement from Asif fropm 1/4/2010.
According to Daniel Cramphorn from Team SW1 the teams from both classes (SS and Evo), 19 in total should manage to do a champioship on there own, but without P1 Ltd the company involved in it. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope they manage.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 AM
Registered

I agree with powerboatracing, so far everybody is speculating , no real sense from dicussions, I know many people involved who are working tirelsessly to get some racing done, we can do nothing, only disturb, so lets just say a prayer , keep our fingers crossed and try to help,

Rob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.