Project 25 PowerPlay >

Project 25 PowerPlay

Notices

Project 25 PowerPlay

Old 12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Project 25 PowerPlay

Got all the old style imron graphics off today.The sides and transom are all sanded out and ready for paint.The top and bottom are like new,I am leaving the factory white gell on those and limiting my new graphics to the sides only,just have the transom assembly to remove. And its ready for the booth. I left the Powerplay emblems on until I can stencil them for replacement when I'm done with the new colors, House of color- Tangerine, with dark orange to gray tribal flames.The interior went to a shop today and is already pulled apart.
Attached Thumbnails Project 25 PowerPlay-mvc-007s.jpg   Project 25 PowerPlay-mvc-008s.jpg   Project 25 PowerPlay-mvc-009s.jpg  

Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CFD5
Looks like a cool project. What are the foot rests made of? Mine doesn't have any and I would like to put some in.
The footrests are plywood laminated with resin, they covered them with that commercial gray carpet on the sides and Perelli flooring on the useable side. I went outside and took a picture for you, If you need measurements just let me know, they fit great and you can still get in the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails Project 25 PowerPlay-mvc-024s.jpg  
Old 12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! If you get a chance measurement would be perfect. So far all I have done is push my knees against the dash to hold me in. Did you wet sand the graphics off? My plan is to get rid of my Pink and baby blue paint and go all white. Maybe a small Powerplay logo on the rear/side. Pretty much what your boat looks like now is my goal.

Last edited by CFD5; 12-11-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

Thanks! If you get a chance measurement would be perfect. So far all I have done is push my knees against the dash to hold me in. Did you wet sand the graphics off? My plan is to get rid of my Pink and baby blue paint and go all white. Maybe a small Powerplay logo on the rear/side. Pretty much what your boat looks like now is my goal.
Before you decide to take the graphics off,really think it out, On a PowerPlay its a big commitment.The gel is real thin,And the imron graphic paint is real durable. I used a special fiberglass stripper,(made for vette's), then I machined what was left with 6" 600 gritt velcro backed discs.You really have to know how to machine sand or you can make your boat look as wavy as a bayliner.You can burn threw the gelcoat on a PowerPlay instantly.You probally would be better off taping the original graphics and changing the color to what you like. Ill get you the measurements tomarrow on the steps.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

I gotta do something, I've named my boat "Frenchie" to match the pink and baby blue.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I gotta do something, I've named my boat "Frenchie" to match the pink and baby blue.
I hear ya...I have a pathetic gay name on the side of my boat Why the original owner didn't have that done in vinyl is beyond me
Attached Thumbnails Project 25 PowerPlay-2.jpg  

Last edited by Indy; 12-12-2006 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

What is it with these Miami boats and their paint? Awesome boats/baaad paint. Yours is actually pretty cool Indy, mine is random pink lines and splashes of baby blue.

Last edited by CFD5; 09-14-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

At least you guys dont have the teal interior!
Attached Thumbnails Project 25 PowerPlay-dsc01659.jpg  
Old 12-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Yours is actually pretty cool Indy, mine is random pink lines and splashes of baby blue.
Thanks...yea, my paint scheme and colors are fine, it's just that retarded name that gets on my nerves. However, it didn't bother me enough to pass up the boat I love these PPs!!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

Fullthrottle-offshore ,

I stopped to check out the boat today , nobody home but the dogs were barking pretty good . I jumped in her , real nice boat , I can't believe how much room is up in the cabin . My only question is will you keep it long enough to actully get it in the water ?

Quick Reply: Project 25 PowerPlay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.