2 powerplays at National Liquidators >

2 powerplays at National Liquidators

Notices

2 powerplays at National Liquidators

Old 08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I know of 4 perf. boats that got a Pulse Drive. It might have it's place, but no way on a perf boat. 3 of the 4 have converted back to their orig drive. Speed actually decreased, the bow never got high enough which scrubbed speed. It is nothing like an Arneson drive, which I approve of.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I rode in the white one with pulse drives, it had 750 sterlings the most I ever saw was 86mph with fuel @ 6000rpm. It screamed , prop slip was of the hook. Nice ride though.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
I rode in the white one with pulse drives, it had 750 sterlings the most I ever saw was 86mph with fuel @ 6000rpm. It screamed , prop slip was of the hook. Nice ride though.
I believe the white one with Pulse drives was the first one popped. Accordingly, it was pretty heavy. The Pulse drive setup was an effort to get better performance/reliability than a traditional B1 derivative setup would offer, at that time.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I believe the white one with Pulse drives was the first one popped. Accordingly, it was pretty heavy. The Pulse drive setup was an effort to get better performance/reliability than a traditional B1 derivative setup would offer, at that time.

They should have worked with Rik on some ASD-6's at the time, got it dialed in, then they would have had something reliable and fast.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
They have gotten the 38 up to 86 with 525's
What a waste of $$$
Old 09-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't the black boat owned by and named Fast Finance at one point? Prior to that wasn't it owned by one of the owners of OSO? If so, I remember it, and "Live Your Dreams" on the transom, from the Stuart Invitational Platinum poker run year before last . . . its ironic and upsetting at the same time if the boat was in fact a repossession, as the owners were in the finance business. It's a sad but true indicator of these turbulent times we're experiencing. It was a gorgeous boat when it was all together though! How did it sink?

Harry
Old 09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress
Wasn't the black boat owned by and named Fast Finance at one point? Prior to that wasn't it owned by one of the owners of OSO? If so, I remember it, and "Live Your Dreams" on the transom, from the Stuart Invitational Platinum poker run year before last . . . its ironic and upsetting at the same time if the boat was in fact a repossession, as the owners were in the finance business. It's a sad but true indicator of these turbulent times we're experiencing. It was a gorgeous boat when it was all together though! How did it sink?

Harry

Yep. Sunk at a residential dock on Singer Island earlier this year after being left in the water for 3 weeks/no shore power. A/C line below waterline broke and bilge pumps kept up as long as the batteries could.

My buddy from North Palm built it new and still talks about how he can't believe one of the nicest 38 PP's left the factory less than 5 years ago and now is junk.

Boat sold at National for 30K, went to the midwest. Buyer probably didn't know the boat had submarine capabilities since National never disclosed it.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Registered

Do we know if the boat was actually repossessed or if it was an insurance liquidation? Why in god's name was it left in the water for 3 weeks? Abandoned or just plain ignorance? I was very intrigued by the Fast Finance guys, they seemed like a class act at the Stuart run, and being a boat guy in the mortgage business, I was intrigued and figured I might be able to do some business with them at some point.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Registered

and . . . for being a complete submersion, it looks remarkably clean! Pictures would have (did) fooled me, hopefully a good visual inspection would have told the story. I wonder what recourse the buyer has if National didn't disclose the sinking . . .
Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it was tied up to a dock, it may not have went all the way under???

30k for a painted hull, deck, hydraulic steering, tabs, gimbals, swim platform, hardware, doesn't seem terrible even if it needs all new wiring.

Quick Reply: 2 powerplays at National Liquidators

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.