Need help from my brother powerplay owners >

Need help from my brother powerplay owners

Notices

Need help from my brother powerplay owners

Old 05-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
Just wondering, Do you think a 38 Top Gun rides better than your 34 Sutphen?
Yes cause ours is very light. Now a 40 Sutphen I dont know!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess the correct question is do you think your Sutphen could run with a Top Gun in the rough with eqaul power. Thats more my point.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess the correct question is do you think your Sutphen could run with a Top Gun in the rough with eqaul power. Thats more my point.
The Top Gun will out run us. We wouldnt be able to hang with it. In our old Gladiator that may be a different story! Im not sure why some people dont like steps, but they run just as good as straight bottoms in the rough. Another boat that know one thinks about being a great rough water boat is a 42 Fountain. With a good driver you will out run all of these boats!! Thats doesnt really have to do with anything just thought id throw it out there.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 05-30-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I am not trying to stir the pot but have you taken your boat out in the ocean? I have been on Lake George before when people have said it's rough out there and I can tell you it is very different from the chop of LI sound or the water off Block Island. If you ever get down to CT look m up and I will take you for ride, I think you will be impressed how an old heavy straight bottom does especially if it is rough out. I also want to sa I agree with Dan I was shocked to see how well twin step boats rode(after all I have read on heree)
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
First of all if resale is any concern for you go with Cig. I think Power Plays are a great boat, way better then a Baja or Scarab, but they are definitely no Cigarette. Go for a ride in a Gun and tell me what you think. This no knock on the Power Play but they are in different leagues. I do however believe that repowering your boat will be cheaper then upgrading to an 02-03 gun.
I think a Cig is way better than a Baja or a Scarab too. But to say that a Cig is in a totally different league than a Powerplay is arguable.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Registered

Someone asks for an opinion and you guys jump all over it. If you believe everything you read then start will all the world championships won by Cigarette. Again no knock on PP I would buy one before a Formula or a Fountain. And to answer your other question I have ridden in a 38 PP but like yours it was on a lake so I can't say much the ride through real slop.
I'm sorry you thought I was jumping all over you, I just didn't agree with your statement.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Registered

I am not trying to stir the pot but have you taken your boat out in the ocean? I have been on Lake George before when people have said it's rough out there and I can tell you it is very different from the chop of LI sound or the water off Block Island. If you ever get down to CT look m up and I will take you for ride, I think you will be impressed how an old heavy straight bottom does especially if it is rough out. I also want to sa I agree with Dan I was shocked to see how well twin step boats rode(after all I have read on heree)
First, I due boat alot on Lake George but I have had my boat on many other bodies of water also. In fact my test drive when I purchase it from Hideway in Pompano was in 6' seas off of Lighthouse Point. I do know what rough water is.

Second, In none of my posts did I ever say that a 33 Powerplay rides better than a 38 Cigerette. I did say with equal power I think a 33 PP could stay with a 38 Cig in normal rough conditions and be more reliable. I think the engines and drive would hold up better on a lite boat rather than (as you said) an old heavy Cigerette.

Third, As to the original question, I still think he is better off keeping his Powerplay.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well there are alot of opinions thats for sure and I have never rode in a cig but I will tell that I boat on Oneida lake a 30 mile long shallow lake on most days there are 4 foot chops and on somedays there are six foot rolls one after another there are a couple of guys that I know up here that have been on the ocean many of times and they have told me that this lake is worse than the ocean and I can tell you that on the six foot days all the boat go in even the cops and we are out there having fun everyone I have ever taking out on it is very impressed in the rough water even me. I guess I'm going to have to take a ride on the gun and see I like to try and update my toys & vehicles so I just thought maybe now would be a good time to find a deal on a boat figured if I was going to up grade larger would be better .Thank you all you guys are great
Old 05-31-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered

How come I didn't see a another Powerplay last year at the Swamp Poker Run on Oneida Lake. I was there.

ps. my avatar pic is from the run on Oneida Lake
Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my 2 cents I have been in both. It comes down to MONEY if you got the budget the 38 Cigarette is nice and will have a lot more cock pit room and amities but it will take a lot more HP to get the speeds of the 33 PP and along with the more HP comes , engine and drive problems, fuel costs, larger trailer, large tow vehicle, larger dock space and so on. Also remember the the World Champion boats your talking about were layed up for racing, lighter, beefed up bracing under bow deck. Make yourself happy Get the boat YOUR dreaming of you only live once!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.