Need help from my brother powerplay owners >

Need help from my brother powerplay owners

Notices

Need help from my brother powerplay owners

Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
How come I didn't see a another Powerplay last year at the Swamp Poker Run on Oneida Lake. I was there.

ps. my avatar pic is from the run on Oneida Lake
when was it
Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clustergear
Here's my 2 cents I have been in both. It comes down to MONEY if you got the budget the 38 Cigarette is nice and will have a lot more cock pit room and amities but it will take a lot more HP to get the speeds of the 33 PP and along with the more HP comes , engine and drive problems, fuel costs, larger trailer, large tow vehicle, larger dock space and so on. Also remember the the World Champion boats your talking about were layed up for racing, lighter, beefed up bracing under bow deck. Make yourself happy Get the boat YOUR dreaming of you only live once!!!!!!!!
Have you been out on the Lake yet this year. I have parties and poker runs every weekend in June. I will be up there by the July 4th week. Hope to see you on the water.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goin Nuts
when was it
It was in June or July last year. I have pic but can't post them here my membership has run out.

check out this thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...erplays-3.html
Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Hey Goin' Nuts - Ask this same question in the General Discussion forum so that you can get some unbiased opinions.

I have never ridden in a PP but I can promise that a 33 PP doesn't ride as well as a Top Gun, and anyone that tries to argue that has lost their mind.....
Old 05-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I have been fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in various types of performance boats. We have two powerplay's: 28' and 38'.

A 33' powerplay will keep up with most boats that are bigger than its size. Definitely not a 38' top gun, but it will hold its own. Thats what they are known for. Big water, high quality custom v hulls.

Dont knock them until you have ridden in one and got up close. I think you will be surprised!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
I have been fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in various types of performance boats. We have two powerplay's: 28' and 38'.

A 33' powerplay will keep up with most boats that are bigger than its size. Definitely not a 38' top gun, but it will hold its own. Thats what they are known for. Big water, high quality custom v hulls.

Dont knock them until you have ridden in one and got up close. I think you will be surprised!
I would agree with this statement.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cowisl

So are you saying the 38 Cig would ride & handle better than the 33PP theres alot of conflicting opinions here and I have not had the pleasure of riding in a cig yet but def going to find one to take for a ride
Old 06-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
The first test run with the big motors , not dialed in yet . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMs-iePsKwY
I've previously watched all those videos a few times. Very cool setup. Did you race that boat?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Goin Nuts
So are you saying the 38 Cig would ride & handle better than the 33PP theres alot of conflicting opinions here and I have not had the pleasure of riding in a cig yet but def going to find one to take for a ride
Yes - it is after all heavier and longer. However, like with everything else, there are trade off's. You will need more power to run a 38' straight bottom top gun etc. Do yourself a favor and take a ride in a cig. You will know right away what you will want to do.

I happen to have a soft spot for the lines of a 33'. There isnt a better looking or riding 33 in the market imho.

Last edited by cowisl; 06-01-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You sould as Ozzie. He had both. I think about 850 hp in his 33PP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.