Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Need help from my brother powerplay owners >

Need help from my brother powerplay owners

Notices

Need help from my brother powerplay owners

Old 06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey daredevil what kind of top speed were you getting with the 650s and how did it handle what did you run for outdrives & props Thanks Mark
Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Active I got a call into Ozzie heard he had a kick ass PP waiting for him to call me back Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Here Daredevil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGEbmMcE5tc
Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goin Nuts
Active I got a call into Ozzie heard he had a kick ass PP waiting for him to call me back Thanks
Goin Nuts, I know you live near Utica are you planning on doing any poker runs this season? Seneca, Oneida, Sagandoga. I'm planning a few. It would be cool to see another PP on one of these runs.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Daredevil what kind of boat was this? It does resemble your old ride doesn't it?
Attached Thumbnails Need help from my brother powerplay owners-pp.jpg  
Old 06-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

This is one of the oldest debates in this sport we all love.

Who's d!ck is bigger?

I can tell you this; it's like the old saying, "size matters". There's just no comparing when theres the lack of 5' in big water.

No shock that the guys with Cigs love the Cigs and the guys with Powerplays love the Powerplays.

It'd be nice to get someones opinion that has moved on to a Skater or something that actually owned a 33 PP and a 38 Gun to chime in. That will give you your TRUE UNBIASED answer.

Last edited by thisistank; 06-01-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

daredevil, you can't be an expert at everything.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
Tank ,,i agree a tat with that saying,,,but "UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS" a 33 PP is able to stand against any other boat out there.
That was actually the main discussion.
And tell ,,,what speed where run back in the days in a 38 race cig ???? MAX ,,80 !!!!!

So again,,,thats nothing really today. And still i would give them a run for there money in big water up to 80 MPH.
Thats all i am saying everything over 5+ and 80 ,,,and lets not fool anybody is hairy in any boat at some stupid point !!!

Also,,,if he now thinks to get all the cig guys involved to hold his hand ,,,mor power to him.
I don't even own a PP any more.
These are just facts i am stating since i have been in both and many more thru out my life,,mine and others.

Here's the original question:

"Ok here goes trying to figure out best plan for me and I would really value your opinions. I have a 1999 33 sportdeck twin 502 mpi's thinking about rebuilding motors & up grading the out drives without losing the reliability thats option 1. Option 2 is to step up to a 38 cigarette t/s ready to go . My goal is to be in the 90's+ dont know which is more feasible found a couple tg for around 130k guess I just wondering if I do most the work myself on my boat what I m looking at and what combinations are best . I'm thinking I would need at least 650hp not sure what for outdrives . Like the thought of a bigger boat but never rode in a cig Thanks for everyone input"

Basically should he dump money into his current (older) 33 PP to make bigger power to reach a desired speed? Or step up to a newer, bigger boat that will run the desired speed on turn key power?

I really think that question is a no brainer right there. Even if we weren't talking about a Cig. Move up to a newer bigger PP if he's brand loyal. Or if he really wants the speed, buy a 38 Fountain.

On the topic of this "Debate", your exeriences don't necessarily count as fact in the form you refer too. It's not a "FACT" a 33 powerplay will beat a 38 Cig in 4+ water with equal power just because you may have done it. You may have experienced that but many other factors come into play (i.e. driver experience).

I used to run a 24' Baja Outlaw like I stole it. I'd keep up with boats in big water that were MUCH bigger and faster than my boat. I can tell you this, they weren't getting the sh!t kicked out of them like I was, or punishing their equipment. I was young and didn't care, what can I say?

I'll stick with my original point. There's no substitute for size. And unless you run in flat water 90% of the time, size is going to matter.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
U know what i did read that question wrong then ......but still same power ,,and me in the boat ,,,and i keep up. I like getting beat around ,,and if the boat is set up right,,there is not allot of beating. LOL
It's all good. It's conversations like these that make these forums interesting.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
Have you been out on the Lake yet this year. I have parties and poker runs every weekend in June. I will be up there by the July 4th week. Hope to see you on the water.
Haven't even pulled the boat out of the garage yet. Did a lot of work on boat this winter and need to take for a run. This week is bike week so I got a house full. I am on vacation July 4 th week so boat will be in by than.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.