Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Who made the grab rails on the bolsters on a 33??? >

Who made the grab rails on the bolsters on a 33???

Notices

Who made the grab rails on the bolsters on a 33???

Old 01-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Who made the grab rails on the bolsters on a 33???

Anybody know????????? Or have a pair???????
Old 01-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe the older ones were made in Europe. Are yours the rectangular style with round ends?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

i dont have any, but yeah thats the ones I am looking for....
Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't have any annymore but Apache used them also. Might want to post in their forum also or get ahold of Bobby Saccenti he could probably put you on to something.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Taco metal and make your own?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default PP "Euro" Deck Hardware...

Its no longer available. Originally imported from Italy for us, by the owner of Florida Marine Tanks, in Hialeah, Florida...Vincent DiRosa, in the 80's, up until about 1995., when inventory became sparse. Ben Kramers Apache's offered them as an option in the 80's. We offered them as an option as well. They were rather expensive, but some customers insisted on them. I then contracted a machine shop to fabricate them, which did'nt make them quite as nice as the Italian version, but were acceptable. We stopped offering them in the later years of production, say, from 1999 & up. At one time, in the later years@PP, Bomar Marine was offering them for the larger SeaRay's, and I bought some from them(Bomar). I believe they also discontinued making them. There are companies that manufacture grabrails that are simular...but not the same, as the best quality & design versions originally from Italy.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered

thanks for the info, ill just look for something else then.....
Old 02-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed
Its no longer available. Originally imported from Italy for us, by the owner of Florida Marine Tanks, in Hialeah, Florida...Vincent DiRosa, in the 80's, up until about 1995., when inventory became sparse. Ben Kramers Apache's offered them as an option in the 80's. We offered them as an option as well. They were rather expensive, but some customers insisted on them. I then contracted a machine shop to fabricate them, which did'nt make them quite as nice as the Italian version, but were acceptable. We stopped offering them in the later years of production, say, from 1999 & up. At one time, in the later years@PP, Bomar Marine was offering them for the larger SeaRay's, and I bought some from them(Bomar). I believe they also discontinued making them. There are companies that manufacture grabrails that are simular...but not the same, as the best quality & design versions originally from Italy.
Bringing it forward, as a reference...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is a 2000. You can see one of them in this picture. The original owner who built the boat even had the boats name screened onto the grab rails. They come in real handy. The people standing in the back always hold onto them. Great idea!
Attached Thumbnails Who made the grab rails on the bolsters on a 33???-glencove4.jpg