25 pp with 5-1/2 setback engine height

Notices

25 pp with 5-1/2 setback engine height

Old 05-08-2010, 09:13 PM
kds
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 25 pp with 5-1/2 setback engine height

i just put on a pair cmc jackplate on my 25pp with twin 300x's and sportmaster lowers. the low water pickup on the sportmaster is 2 inches below the flatspot. can anyone give me an idea of how high u think the prop shaft should be above or below the flat spot on the transom. right now the prop shaft is about 3/4 inch below the flatspot but i think it should be a 1/4 inch above or even with the flat spot with the jackplates on. i am running some 26bravos. the slip is 21%, can i have some suggestions please . my rpm is at 6700, what do u think about props . bigger or labbed props etc, as i said b4 suggestions please. thank you

Last edited by kds; 05-09-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

kds, your probably not going to get much help on this site...most guys are I/O here. I would post it over on screamandfly.com they would help you no problem...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!