Powerplay Boats >

Powerplay Boats

Notices

Powerplay Boats

Old 09-04-2015, 01:15 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

There's so much great history and information in this thread that I stuck it at the top of the Powerplay Forum.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea, Griff. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Powerplay 28 SS brochure

Walls heres your beast
Old 06-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Jbw
Registered

Steve, Would you know any of the history behind the Cobra 33 Sportdeck?
Old 06-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbw
Steve, Would you know any of the history behind the Cobra 33 Sportdeck?
here you are
Attached Thumbnails Powerplay Boats-searace1.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 05:51 PM
Jbw
Registered

Thank you for the reply good read, Does anyone else have further history on the Cobra 32 / 33 Powerplay mine is a 81 and currently being restored should have it back on the water in a month. Just curious as to it's history and value.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1

Transom 25 Powerplay

Good night i saw your feed and was wondering if the Powerplay in the picture is for sale. I am currently looking for a 25 foot powerplay. Thanks alot.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
OK and a 35 Fountain with staggered 525's runs 105.....The point is yes they were awesome (and still are) boats but to be competitive in 2010 the boat needs to be updated. Efficiency = speed and more importantly today fuel economy!
It really depends on what type of water you are running your boat in. The lake, yeah.....top speed may matter to you and Fountains are fast! (I really enjoyed watching "Cat Killer" outrun fast cats!!) But when running out in rough water, like the Pacific, top speed is kinda irrelevant. The question here is how fast can your boat run SAFELY and comfortably for the passengers in the rougher water. If you have a fast boat, but you get beat up in semi-rough water, that is NOT fun, it sucks, we all have been there.

Honestly, try running a Fountain in rough water....that "105" will turn into "45" .......I SEE IT EVERYTIME OUT HERE IN THE PACIFIC. I'm not so sure that Powerplay's need steps, if the 33 was still being built maybe new construction techniques (YES) but maybe not on the steps for the handling benefit. I can tell you COUNTLESS times were were running boats to Catalina Island and people in Fountains were getting beat to hell in 3'-6' swells. The Powerplays, Cigarettes, Apaches, LS Scarabs would hammer down through it. Let's be REAL, how long does anyone run at full throttle???? (maybe if your boat runs like 65mph, then most likely you run f/t alot more. .....but faster boats, NOT, especially in rougher water.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 07-02-2018 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
It really depends on what type of water you are running your boat in. The lake, yeah.....top speed may matter to you and Fountains are fast! (I really enjoyed watching "Cat Killer" outrun fast cats!!) But when running out in rough water, like the Pacific, top speed is kinda irrelevant. The question here is how fast can your boat run SAFELY and comfortably for the passengers in the rougher water. If you have a fast boat, but you get beat up in semi-rough water, that is NOT fun, it sucks, we all have been there.

Honestly, try running a Fountain in rough water....that "105" will turn into "45" .......I SEE IT EVERYTIME OUT HERE IN THE PACIFIC. I'm not so sure that Powerplay's need steps, if the 33 was still being built maybe new construction techniques (YES) but maybe not on the steps for the handling benefit. I can tell you COUNTLESS times were were running boats to Catalina Island and people in Fountains were getting beat to hell in 3'-6' swells. The Powerplays, Cigarettes, Apaches, LS Scarabs would hammer down through it. Let's be REAL, how long does anyone run at full throttle???? (maybe if your boat runs like 65mph, then most likely you run f/t alot more. .....but faster boats, NOT, especially in rougher water.
I remember your boat well, and I call bull**** on a 105/525 Fountain. I don't count manufacturers numbers, those are bull**** numbers.

For me, top speed numbers are for lake/river runners anyway, this is offshore only and it's in the slop where I measure a boat's abilities.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:31 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Welcome back BTW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.