Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
The "New Powerplay" >

The "New Powerplay"

Notices

The "New Powerplay"

Old 02-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer a few questions, we will not have a 33' sport deck at the show due to the fact that we are working on tweaking "sportfish" and incorporating todays technology, however we will more than happy to build a sport deck 33'. As to what molds latitude ended up with because of our non-compete we had leased the molds to latitude but at this point they are all back in our possession. As to the weight of the boat, we weighed the boat with interior gas tanks and water tank and she came in at 5,200 lbs, after the boat was fully rigged we weighed her again coming in at 9,200 lbs. The weights seemed heavy compared to what we had read on previous posts on this forum so we weighed a 2004 model from Danny with triple 2.5's on it and it weighed in at 10,200 lbs, long story short we stripped all of the wood out of the boat replacing it with composite materials which shed anywhere from 500 to 800 pounds off of the previous weight. Anymore questions feel free to ask away!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Tom that is good news, If you can update these boats and keep the same quality and build as Dan did you will be successful. The 33 & 38 would be a great selling boat with a few updates to the bottom to make them a little faster. I would also make the hatches flush this makes for a cleaner and modern style boat.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 291 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerplay Tom
As to the weight of the boat, we weighed the boat with interior gas tanks and water tank and she came in at 5,200 lbs, after the boat was fully rigged we weighed her again coming in at 9,200 lbs. The weights seemed heavy compared to what we had read on previous posts on this forum so we weighed a 2004 model from Danny with triple 2.5's on it and it weighed in at 10,200 lbs, long story short we stripped all of the wood out of the boat replacing it with composite materials which shed anywhere from 500 to 800 pounds off of the previous weight. Anymore questions feel free to ask away!
Tom, my boat was the old PP racing B class boat, and was the second lightest PP ever built behind the OB race boat. I would just be curious to see what a carbon fiber or epoxy boat without a cabin would run with arnesons and 525's. Pretty fast for a straight bottom I would assume.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

The 33 Sportfish looks AWESOME!!!

Can I ask where the 25' molds are?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered

Congratulations Tom, I buy the 38 O/B form Tom, this is a great man, I know he'll succeed.
I go to see you at the show Monday...
Old 02-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Registered

Great news! Boat looks fantastic. Best of luck.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Charles, how is it going? Not sure if you remember me or not I am the guy that put you in touch with Tom on his 38 and the center console. They are sweet boats. 33 Powerplay looks great doesn't it. We are looking forward to great things with Tom and Powerplay. Hope you enjoy the show.

let me know if I can help you in the future.

Fred
Allstar Marine
[email protected]
Old 02-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

As to the whereabouts of the 25'molds, I honestly have no clue as to where they are. Charles,thank you if you and your family will be in town let me know and I'll make sure to leave some tickets for you at will call.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered

In an attempt to keep all of the "Powerplay Nation" in the loop here is some feedback from Powerplay owners and new people looking for the boats for the first time . Let's start from the now, and work backwards. 50% like the Bowmar hatch on the deck. 50% like the look of the deck flush with the Powerplay hatch. We put a Bowmar hatch on the deck because the original deck mold ( lets refer to the original molds as Generation 1 [G1] and the ones we have modified as Generation 2 [G2] ). G1's had a drainage gutter around the opening but no place for the water to drain off. I don't care how good of a seal you put around the gutter water is eventually going to find a way to leak into the cabin. The Bowmar fits in the hole and there is no longer any place for water to stay it all gets she'd off the hatch because of the design. I thought it was a great fix (the hatch cost us $500.00) also I like the light it allows into the cabin. With the feed back from G1 owners we will work on making that gutter drain with the original G1 hatch in place.The G1 forward seats were pretty much not a real seat. A step and storage yes but a comfortable seat, no. So we did two things, first we used the G1 seats as a place to stick your feet while laying down inside the cabin that also doubles as a place to store some luggage so that it allows the full cabin to be useable and the luggage does not end up on the floor after your run. It will also allow us to be able to build a rear facing lay down couch in the the front of the cabin and still have over 7 feet of lay down space. Outside we made a mold for rear facing seats that fits over the G1 seats. We have to refine this design some but the next boat will have the latest greatest seats. Also these seats will be able to be installed on any of the G 1 boats. All of the hinges will be completely flush mounted and we will replace all of the piano hinges with flush mounted stainless steel thru bolted hinges with aircraft nuts.
99% of the people loved the new console design. The Garmins that are in the pictures are 4210's. The head in the console was also a big hit. We will continue to improve on the head set up. Most people noticed a lack of windshield. We built 3 different proto types and I hated all three. The console will have a windshield when we're done but not one that takes away from the look of the console.We worked with the interior guys on and off for 3 weeks to design the bolster seat. I thought it came out great. It's comfortable and you can see over the console while you are sitting down. Rear seat: I screwed up! This was the last mold we built, I went off the G1 seat and you sit too straight up without any reclining, this will be fixed before this boat leaves and we will make a new mold for the new and improved rear seat.Fish box / cooler was another hit. We eliminated the rear drop in box because they all leak and introduced water into the bilge but most importantly they drip water onto the trim pumps, batteries etc. We made it about 20% bigger and made it drain overboard. So it's a decent size fish box or a really long cooler.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I am not a powerplay cheerleader nor do I dislike the brand. I have heard of it ....heard the F4 was based off it etc. Plus I hate CC's!!!

But when I walked around the corner at Miami and saw this Powerplay I stopped dead in my tracks.....WOW! Awesome job. Congratulations and good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.