33 in the classys

Notices

33 in the classys

Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
For that kind of money you could have a stripped 05 and still need 50k to finish it. Plus getting rid of the outdated paint...
Not to hijack, but on a side note, I like the "dated" paint on the Powerplays. It's unique and makes the boats stand out. Some dated colors and designs from the past definitely make me throw up a little bit in my mouth, but I think the Powerplays typically look good. Some are definitely pushing the limits of good taste, but most I dig.
That being said, I can certainly see why someone enjoys updating and personalizing their boat, too. You folks have more time and money on your hands than I do!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:18 PM
bwd
Registered

Good eye. How many manufacturers or builders use red , chevy covers. Btw, in my opinion If I were to buy a used boat with aftermarket engines in it, I would plan on a tear down to make sure they were not going to scatter in a few hours on me. A couple thou for a tear down now or 10-20k later. Buts thats just my thought.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Not to hijack, but on a side note, I like the "dated" paint on the Powerplays. It's unique and makes the boats stand out. Some dated colors and designs from the past definitely make me throw up a little bit in my mouth, but I think the Powerplays typically look good. Some are definitely pushing the limits of good taste, but most I dig.
That being said, I can certainly see why someone enjoys updating and personalizing their boat, too. You folks have more time and money on your hands than I do!
I have to agree with the classic PP look. But the 05 is just hideous! I am about to paint mine in the next month or so and it is really hard to find a design that doesn't take away from the classic lines or look like there is too much going on. Still debating if I go all white because I have much more time than money.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
bwd
Registered

White, you can always put stickers on it. imo
Old 03-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
White, you can always put stickers on it. imo
Still a possibility. But I paint so I might throw some chit on it lol. I do need to get with you and see what you did with your tails. Gary at PFE is doing mine but I want to see how you sealed yours. And I really like your water dumps. We plan on them hosing out over the drive.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Perf...92223/10002/-1

If so, not a marine engine, right? Does that present issues?
Not necessarily, I've read a few guys on here had good luck with them. But can't say they'd be my first choice. May be a good fit though, mild big inch motor should last.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I have to agree with the classic PP look. But the 05 is just hideous! I am about to paint mine in the next month or so and it is really hard to find a design that doesn't take away from the classic lines or look like there is too much going on. Still debating if I go all white because I have much more time than money.
You have the best design possible, just a color update is needed.

Do something so we aren't twins of sorts out here haha.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo rr
Doesn't seem overpriced to me
It's still in the evolutionary development of the PP. '94 and up is better with 4 3/4" deeper hull, the deck and hull were not symmetrical until '94 and up, strakes were trued, transom angle was changed, every surface was trued, cockpit sole lowered 1.5". '97 and up is the best with higher X and all the improvements of the '94+ models.

You can get later models at same or cheaper prices.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
It's still in the evolutionary development of the PP. '94 and up is better with 4 3/4" deeper hull, the deck and hull were not symmetrical until '94 and up, strakes were trued, transom angle was changed, every surface was trued, cockpit sole lowered 1.5". '97 and up is the best with higher X and all the improvements of the '94+ models.

You can get later models at same or cheaper prices.
Where?

Problem is there are so few for sale.....if you want one how long do you wait for the perfect steal? What is the bottom on a 33, how low should it be then? I'd say asking is about what I'd expect given there's some room to work a lower offer in.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Where?
That's the trick, you gotta wait or negotiate. My '97 went in that neighborhood a bit higher though, white interior, livorsi stuff, Latham, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.