91 Sportdeck 33 with triple 2.4s >

91 Sportdeck 33 with triple 2.4s

Notices

91 Sportdeck 33 with triple 2.4s

Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianscathouse70
Any way to upgrade charging if it does have 16A system? How do I tell what charging systems are on motors? Going to put in 3 Group 27 starting batteries and 1 for stereo system.
Your pics in post #5 show up as black X's, so I can't see them. Can everyone else see them?

I remember seeing a trip boat for sale in the Northwest with 280's I believe. It had alien cowlings anyway. Does your boat have original 2.4 cowlings?

Here is the upgrade to a 66 amp system from Simon, it does require alien cowls (more $$$ to switch cowls) I believe to clear the alternator. If not go with the biggest batts you can.
http://www.simonmotorsports.com/2.5alt/2.5alt.html
Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Your pics in post #5 show up as black X's, so I can't see them. Can everyone else see them?

I remember seeing a trip boat for sale in the Northwest with 280's I believe. It had alien cowlings anyway. Does your boat have original 2.4 cowlings?

Here is the upgrade to a 66 amp system from Simon, it does require alien cowls (more $$$ to switch cowls) I believe to clear the alternator. If not go with the biggest batts you can.
http://www.simonmotorsports.com/2.5alt/2.5alt.html
can t see pics either.?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

Pics show up for me. My boat has original cowlings. Alien would be cool but want to prioritize some other things first. Went to Simons site and it only shows a kit for 2.5s with no info on 2.4 unless same kit will work. Could even work to just upgrade center engine to charging system to keep all batteries up if it fits. No mention of what cowls to use either.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered

Did pics work for you guys this time? They upload for me when I log in.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

Still Black X's for me??? Call Eric Simon, but I would think they would work on 2.4's.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Registered

Pics work on my computer but not on my phone. Dont know why.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pics are black xs on my comp . I had one with triple 2.5 260 hp boat name smoking sold to a guy in newyork who put alien colws on . he sold to a guy in ft Lauderdale, last time I saw any info for sale in the keys.you need alternators or no music and battery chargers. mine ran 5 fuel pumps 2 lift pumps tanks to slosh tank then each motor had a high pressure pump. the engines were very voltage sensitive, simon told me need to run all 3 alternaters and they would fit under old colws you just had to take a heat gun and distort around alt. don't know about the 2.4s alt. went in a box in the boat when I sold it
Old 07-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

no pics here
Old 07-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Registered

Upgraded my membership, do pics show for you guys now? I can see them on my computer I think because I posted them. Picking boat up tomorrow. Will update pics next week and hopefully if all goes well with engines and electrical checks will be in water next weekend for first time in at least 5-7 yrs. Any tips on what to do to these bridgeports after sitting so long. Was going to take injectors out and powerflush through my Motorvac machine, check tanks, lines and filter for junk, re-install heads with new gaskets, if engines run was going to fog at idle to lube bearings somewhat before running under load. Was going to use 100 LL fuel to be safe with octane at first. May upgrade to Brucato ACUs if all goes well. What oil do you guys recommend. I run Redline in my 300 hp turbo sled engine. Thinking same would be safe for this, as I have never had an engine failure in 5 yrs on the sled.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant see the pics. Red "X's"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.