Jay's 33 Refresh >

Jay's 33 Refresh

Notices

Jay's 33 Refresh

Old 08-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
White is good. Maybe a tasteful stripe or fade of some sort someday. Soooo tired of the kitchen sink "painters gone wild" schemes on most go-fasts.
I can't agree more. Being a painter myself and pouring over hundreds of pics the last six months it was hard to narrow down a classic design that fit the lines of the boat and wouldn't be out dated a few years from now. I've never had an all white boat and wanted one so I figured why not? Ha. I used a pretty expensive product that I have not used yet. It is supposed to be a few grades above Imron. Looks good but could use a flat sand and rub to be perfect. Its a work in progress so after I do the interior and get into doing the deck I will figure out if I am going to throw color at it. I doubt it at this point cause she looks damn sexy all white.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Can you post a "before" pic? I've never seen your boat I don't think.

Looks great BTW!
You can dig up some of my pics on facebook. I will send AJ an old pic and see if he will post it here too. Got some good work in today. Might finish it up tomorrow and fire this week.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
You can dig up some of my pics on facebook. I will send AJ an old pic and see if he will post it here too. Got some good work in today. Might finish it up tomorrow and fire this week.
Or just think of my PP (the blue/red one at Miller's) and turn the blue all purple and make it a 33 haha.

Rick
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

How is the project going Jay?
Old 08-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered

Fired her up yesterday. Needs a good cleaning and a few parts. We be boating by week's end. :-)
Old 08-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Registered

Nice. Can't wait to see it done!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nova
Looks great! what did you use for paint/color?
Hey bud,

If you se this clear your PM's. I have a quick question for you.

Thanks,

Nate
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I can't agree more. Being a painter myself and pouring over hundreds of pics the last six months it was hard to narrow down a classic design that fit the lines of the boat and wouldn't be out dated a few years from now. I've never had an all white boat and wanted one so I figured why not? Ha. I used a pretty expensive product that I have not used yet. It is supposed to be a few grades above Imron. Looks good but could use a flat sand and rub to be perfect. Its a work in progress so after I do the interior and get into doing the deck I will figure out if I am going to throw color at it. I doubt it at this point cause she looks damn sexy all white.
I'm a big fan of dark hullsides like Navy Blue or a darker gun metal with flake. Top it off with a white deck and maybe a fat Shelby Cobra stripe of the same color right down the middle and you have one of the classiest, enduring, and impacting paint jobs out there.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Updates?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Updates?
Done for now. Knock out some fuel gremlins tomorrow morning. Should be out tomorrow and Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.