Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Any 33 sport fish owners on the board? >

Any 33 sport fish owners on the board?

Notices

Any 33 sport fish owners on the board?

Old 09-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 33 sport fish owners on the board?

Can I see some pix? Do you like them? Anything you'd change ?

Thanks, MD
Old 09-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have one. Great boats! Everything you've heard and read about Powerplays holds true with the Sport fish. Only cons IMO is not self bailing and console/helm design doesn't accommodate large recessed GPS (unlike newer boats). The latter has been dealt with on the new models. I will be in the market again soon and I will be looking for another PP sport fish.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Registered

Sweet thanks. .....although I made the leap of faith and literally just got home from a cross country trip. Loto to Massachusetts with my new to me 96 33' s.f. o.b.

Thought it's self bailing? ??? Mine has little gutters and a thru hull in the transom.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Nice, congrats! Did you buy Dennis' boat? I looked at it a few years ago when I was shopping.

I'm pretty sure they are not self bailing. I think you will notice that those thru hulls are below the waterline. They allow water to run out of the boat when the boat is not in the water. There are many OSO members who know a lot more than I do about PowerPlays so maybe one of them will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Yup. Going to be doing some serious updates over the winter. Graphics, interior, electronics, etc......

Yes they are below water line so not a full self bailing fishing style set up with scuppers, but more to get any splash out while under way I guess. ....?

Now the fun / expensive part comes. It'll be a different boat come spring time.

Last edited by scarab63; 09-16-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Registered

Post pics! When I bought mine I changed out the old style radar arch for a new curved, white powder coated arch similar to the ones you see on Concept and Renegade boats. Not exactly a cheap upgrade but man it made a HUGE difference in the appearance of the boat. I believe your boat has a t-top but if you ever decide to switch it out for an arch you'll love how it looks! I have loads of pics that I can email to you if you're interested.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

I can't post pix I'm back to being a non paying member.
I think the arch is a bit sexier, but I actually wanted a t top so I can curtain it in since where I boat is always really rough . that and it allows for a overhead storage / electronics box. This boat had both of what I wanted. T top and bolsters with throttle in armrest.
Maybe over the winter I'll pay and throw up some before / afters.

The yellow interior is on its way out. I'm Thinking silver carbon with blue accents. The 1996 graphics are getting covered by a half wrap to modernize it. I'll leave the front half unwrapped since it's plain white and in mint condition. No scratches, knicks, scrapes, cracks. Nada. .....
And one way or another I'm getting a big plotter in the dash.

Last edited by scarab63; 09-16-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Registered

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing the pix.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was that the yellow one.....i heard it was a converted bravo boat???
Old 09-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Registered

It's White with Purple / Blue splatter On the rear 1/3rd of the boat with a yellow triangle slapped in the mix. Yellow interior.
Definitely not a conversion.

Too bad the graphics are outdated because the hull gel is amazingly mint for a '96

Best way for me to describe graphics is picture a gt performer BMX bike in the early 90's ........if you grew up in that Era you'll get the reference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.