33 Powerplay complete rebuild >

33 Powerplay complete rebuild

Notices

33 Powerplay complete rebuild

Old 01-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33 Powerplay complete rebuild

New to OSO...picked up this 33 pp sportdeck hull cheap...needed a complete rebuild. Boat was sitting for a while and termites got into it somehow. They ate out every piece of wood in the boat, all stringers and transom. I gutted the boat and doing the rebuild myself....pics coming today. The boat came from the factory with a bracket set up for triple outboards. Im trying to decide on going with triple 250 two strokes (ox66) or twin merc 300s two strokes...any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you going to be redoing everything. Look at the new materials out there for transom, stringer and bulkheads. Get a few pounds out of her and re-rig with twin 300's.

http://www.polyumac.com/stringer-and-transom-systems/
Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome project.good luck. I'd go with 300XS but just a suggestion maybe compare prices with the 350 Verado.I love the Verados and the 350's come out of Mercury Marine now with extended warranties. The 300XS and 400R are Merc Racing division.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

to see pics of the boat. I had a33 with triple 2.5s was an attention getter for sure , just the sound of that boat was cool . if its my old boat 'smokin' I can give you history and I have some pics somewhere .
Old 01-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered

I think I need to pay for this to upload the pics.....which membership option should I select? gold?
Old 01-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Registered

CIG3 I forgot to mention that I am from the Bahamas but just moved to florida, the boat is in the Bahamas at the moment, and is actually about 50-60% complete as far as the hull is concerned. Not much options in the Bahamas for stringer/transom replacements and material is too costly to import and pay taxes and duty on, so I already replaced the transom with marine ply, epoxy and glass. All new stringers and bulkheads are already in and tabbed to the hull, they just need to be covered with a few more layers of glass. floor needs to go in the cabin and then I can start putting the tanks back in. Trying to decide if I should ship the boat to florida "as/is" and complete it here where supplies are cheaper, or finish it over there ...get motors there (cheaper there) and drive it over to florida....not sure what im going to do yet, I just know I would like it completed this year (2016).
Who should I contact in florida to find out information on shipping the hull from Bahamas to ft Lauderdale? fees...import duties etc.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact the guy that shipped the Banana to Thailand. He's here on this site
Old 01-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by powerplay242
New to OSO...picked up this 33 pp sportdeck hull cheap...needed a complete rebuild. Boat was sitting for a while and termites got into it somehow. They ate out every piece of wood in the boat, all stringers and transom. I gutted the boat and doing the rebuild myself....pics coming today. The boat came from the factory with a bracket set up for triple outboards. Im trying to decide on going with triple 250 two strokes (ox66) or twin merc 300s two strokes...any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Was this the boat in South Bimini?

If so it was a race boat and there are pics of it on here.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Registered

Jupiter sunsation.....not sure if it was in bimini....i know it was in freeport grand bahama a for awhile before i got it. Where can i find the pics of the powerplay from bimini?
Old 01-13-2016, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by powerplay242
Jupiter sunsation.....not sure if it was in bimini....i know it was in freeport grand bahama a for awhile before i got it. Where can i find the pics of the powerplay from bimini?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-cc-boats.html
Photos here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.