Full Circle

Notices

Full Circle

Old 07-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bosco
Very fond memories of Billy a long time client of p.p. sent me an awesome bike for my sons 5th birthday. one of my favorite boats we built, enjoy it!
Thanks John, hope all is well!
Old 07-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Registered

So I acquired the boat in April and am just now getting around to putting it in the water, what they hell have I been doing? As I stated earlier I had another boat at the time and knew once I got involved with the Powerplay I would neglect everything else. I took care of my springtime honey do's, prepared the Formula for sale and was able to sell it in 30 days. I them focused on another little (literally) project. 33' plus my crew cab Duramax is about all my neighborhood and driveway will stand before I start cutting across lawns to make turns. So I worked up an idea for an alternate means of moving my trailer in and out when I want to work on the boat. This prevents me from having to unhook it from the truck when I need to make a run to pick up something. So after looking on the internet at several options I decided to build my own trailer mover.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557513[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557514[/ATTACH]

It took a couple of weeks of nights and weekends and two different frames to get this far. I used two separate 12v motors with independent controls so I can steer it. I can't believe I didn't do this 20 years ago. My boat sits on the side of the house, back about 60' from my garage, behind a gate that I have to keep opening and closing. Now I just pull it out in front of the garage, do my chores and put it back (exactly where I want it) when done. This winter I'll rework some things and build a cover over it so I can leave it outside with a solar charger hooked up to the batteries.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to accomplish my main goal of unhooking in the street and backing in with the mover because my drive way is on an incline where it meets the street and the weight of the boat will try to flip the mover on its side when I turn it perpendicular to the trailer to make a hard turn. I haven't given up on the main goal but it's now a side project for later. Will update this at a later date.

Now for the boat. For the last several weeks I've been addressing a number of knick/knack items, bad battery, leaking water pump, leaking drive trim lines, leaking tire valve stems, cover modifications to completely cover the boat because unfortunately it has to live outdoors and most importantly getting the thing on plane quickly and easily. I have resolved some of these issues and have things in motion for all of the others. Will provide details on all of these soon.

Stay tuned...
Attached Thumbnails Full Circle-20160710_200039204_ios.jpg   Full Circle-20160710_200054413_ios.jpg  

Last edited by ezrizer; 07-21-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 PM
Registered

I did a Poker Run in 2001 with Pedal Pusher and the X-Muscle Powerplay. Cool boats.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Registered

Took the boat our for a third time this past weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4iLz6vAVDw

I got to about 83 mph at approx 4700 and got into some chine walk so I decided to leave well enough alone for the time being and pulled back. Other than not getting on plane worth a $#!+, the rest of the ride went well.

Stay tuned...

Last edited by ezrizer; 08-05-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Registered

Modified existing cover to protect sides. Work done by West Wind Sails in Mandeville, LA. Pretty good workmanship and done in one day, that was the amazing part. Cost for labor was $790. I purchased Sunbrella Plus fabric from Ebay for $18.95 a linear yard at the time, it's now $14.95 which is a screaming deal if anyone needs fabric. Link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNBRELLA-PL...-/272301542311

The fabric is is 80" wide so I ordered 42' and cut it in half to do each side. The Sunbrella Plus doesn't come in purple, the black in my opinion is a nice contrast. it should also hide the black lines that form from dirt washing down off the top of the cover when it rains.

Years ago I had problems propping up a cover to my liking so my solution was exercise balls. They are $7 at Walmart. In this case I only need on to keep the rain water from puddling. It sits between the front bolsters and makes a nice rounded support that doesn't exert excessive pressure in one spot on the cover.

A last minute idea I had was to come up with something to keep the sun off the transom. I had a flap installed that could be rolled up if need to do maintenance or what ever.

Overall I thought the finished product came out nice and should do a good job of preserving the goods for years to come. Unfortunately I don;t have indoor storage so this will hopefully serve as the next best thing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558044[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558045[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]558046[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558047[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]558048[/ATTACH]

Stay tuned...
Attached Thumbnails Full Circle-20160803_232640706_ios.jpg   Full Circle-20160803_234905101_ios.jpg   Full Circle-20160803_234924280_ios.jpg  

Full Circle-20160803_235112626_ios.jpg   Full Circle-20160803_235149495_ios.jpg  

Last edited by ezrizer; 08-05-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezrizer
Other than not getting on plane worth a $#!+, the rest of the ride went well.
I wondered how much of an issue getting on plane was with this boat. That answers my question. I'm sure you'll sort it out, Jason.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrizer
I guess you could say it all came "Full Circle". "Pedal Pusher" has long since been removed from the boat and since I'm not in the bicycle business or an avid cyclist I've decide to leave the name retired and start fresh with "Full Circle". perhaps not as catch as "Pedal Pusher" but equally fitting considering the circumstances.

So if you're still reading you now know my story with Full Circle (aka Pedal Pusher). It seems to have gathered some attention over time, perhaps because its one of a few Powerplays to have SSM's, and 1 of a very few SSM's that were not staggered, perhaps it was the catchy name or the fact that it's in a limited group of Powerplay sport decks (non race) that have hit the triple digit mark.
Congrats, that is a cool boat for sure! Was the name originally derived from a cycling background? I always assumed it was pedal as in gas pedal. Sounded better than "throttle lever pusher". LOL

Is the boat still set up to run close to 100mph?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:47 AM
Registered

Thanks. The original owner has a bicycle shop, hence the name. The boat was originally set up to run 100 and both the 1st and 2nd owners tell me that it did with the original set up which was drives turning in and no drive spacers. I believe that the 2nd owner added 2" spacers to help it get on plane and the third owner changed rotation both to help getting on plane. I don't think it made much difference because that is the main problem with the boat. And it doesn't currently run 100. It is my understanding that the props are the same ones that ran 100 so I plan to remove the spacers, test, change rotation, test and then decide what to do with the props regarding planing. I will post results.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

hey Jason
this is john ,,brains bud with the no agenda 33 PP
where were the motors trimmed at to the k planes when u were getting the chine walk over 80
as in video sure looks like the boat was bow down or bow steering causing the walk
I know brians boat when I drive it
,,,,,,,,,,over 70 pull up the planes and trim up a descent amount to get bow up,,,,,,,,,,,
and in ur case to learn the boat ,when starts chine walking lightly pull back throttles till walk stops
then trim up a bump on motors and ease back in throttles
to see how much more motor trim to get bow up
to ride more on back of boat ,,,,,,
to learn where the boat likes to ride

Last edited by johnmiffco; 08-11-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

My 33 with #4's used to chine walk over 80 if I was trimmed to far in. Get to like 70, pull the tabs all the way up and trim the drives out until it porpoises then trim down one click at a time until it stops. When you have it set like that mash the throttle to the dash and see what it does. It should run well with everything set like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.