Notices

dkwestern

Old 03-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dkwestern

I was just wondering were you keep your boat for the summer. Do you trailor it to the launch every time? Im hoping to have a hoist this summer if not i'll have to launch every time out.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Registered

Default Re: dkwestern

It'll be at sundog, so I'll be puttin gin every time at the Harley DNR ramp. Not bad, its like a 1/2 mile drive so it is easy, but a little pain. I wish I had a hoist but Dont want to spend the money on renting a well, and buying a hoist. Wont be long, I'll be ripping shrink in a few weeks, and getting ready to ride.

Where will your hoist be if you get one?? Where will you launch of you go that route? Can't wait to see them next to each other. Darren
Old 03-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Registered

dkwestern,
A guy I know has a 33 PowerPlay with 3 2.5's also' they are supposed to be 270 hp per motor the boat feels like if it had wings it would fly
Friends of mine own the dealership where he bought it, before he bought it I was thinking about it, after we took it out a couple of times, it was awesome to drive. But I was nervouse of the tripples these were pre mixed gas no oil injecton.
What kind of speeds do you see out of yours, I was told this one would run mid to high 70's maybe low 80's but I don't know the speedo didn't work and we didn't have a GPS.
The thing really liked the gas also
Calvin
Old 03-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

I've been using the same ramp at the end of south river rd. If I get the hoist, its directly across from metro beach. Its an empty lot with a hoist and two hydo hoists. (my uncle owns it). Worst case i'll keep it on the trailor on that lot.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

this is kind of a tradeoff.....I wish I could afford to leave my boat on a hydrohoist, but then it might be exposed to the salt air too much.

I keep my boat in a storage facility and trailer it to the ramp.....not as convenient as the hoist would be though!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Registered

Calvin, My boat ran 74 mph as tested by Hot Boat magazine when it was new with triple 200 hp. With a couple mods mine are putting out around 240, and will run around 80mph. I have heard with triple 260's should be around 90, with triple 300 should be 95+ maybe triple digits???

If you are talking about the boat "Smokin" out of Illinois, the owner told me he sees 88+ with the triple 260's in freshwater. I may have better info next summer if I decide to "upgrade power" after this season.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered

dkwestern,
That's the boat, it is one hell of a ride
Calvin
Old 03-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

It looks like an awesome ride, especially since its got new vinyl and fresh power.