Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with... >

A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Notices

A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Old 05-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Bob, it is so weak that if the motor is not running (and revved a bit), the ram will not lift the hatch - I have to give it an assist with my hand. You have to be real creative to reach the hatch switch on the dash while simultaneously lifting the engine hatch...
Old 05-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Same problem on my boat, and I know others with the same PQ hatch woes. I am on count down till it breaks. Mine will actually lift it but I can finish a beer and a sandwich by the time its all the way up.........

-Wally
Old 05-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

dockrocker,Got a good laugh picturing you hitting the switch and reaching the hatch.You must be about 8' tall!! Well,you know the drill,check voltage,grounds,check for hinge bind,spend three days cursing and throwing stuff then go buy one that works.Glad to be of help (just kidding) BOB
Old 05-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No you dont have to be 8' tall all you have to do is put your cockpit cover prop rod in your mouth hit the switch with that as you lift the hatch, it's no problem I've done it for 5 years

By the way does anyone know where I can get the plastic sproket that is welded to the main screw rod. Hopefully I am saying that correctly, but mine is stripped and needs replaced, or does anyone know who made these for PQ?

Last edited by PWRQWST; 05-11-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
Same problem on my boat, and I know others with the same PQ hatch woes. I am on count down till it breaks. Mine will actually lift it but I can finish a beer and a sandwich by the time its all the way up.........

-Wally
That's funny.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Old Post

I found this from way back sounds familiar

I will be at the boat this weekend and look at exactly what I did to correct all the electrical issues and report back.
One thing is for sure it helped out with All of my mystery gauge and other related issues I had going on. It took one afternoon to correct 3 years of me scratching my head trying to figure out WTF was going on.
I still can't believe the silent choice and hatch actuator were run off a normal gauge wire up to the dash that was fed from the multiconnector on the back of the engine to the ignition and then to the dash switch
Old 05-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
No you dont have to be 8' tall all you have to do is put your cockpit cover prop rod in your mouth hit the switch with that as you lift the hatch, it's no problem I've done it for 5 years

By the way does anyone know where I can get the plastic sproket that is welded to the main screw rod. Hopefully I am saying that correctly, but mine is stripped and needs replaced, or does anyone know who made these for PQ?
Actually, what I do is pretty similar. Hold the cockpit cover prop rod in my right hand, back to the gunwale behind the driver's bolster. Push the pointed end of the rod *under* the hatch switch, forcing it up. Wiggle my left hand under the hatch and lift like hell, hoping I don't get a freaking rupture. Repeat as necessary after the prop rod slips out from under the hatch switch. Normally takes only 10-15 tries before the hatch is fully open.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Actually, what I do is pretty similar. Hold the cockpit cover prop rod in my right hand, back to the gunwale behind the driver's bolster. Push the pointed end of the rod *under* the hatch switch, forcing it up. Wiggle my left hand under the hatch and lift like hell, hoping I don't get a freaking rupture. Repeat as necessary after the prop rod slips out from under the hatch switch. Normally takes only 10-15 tries before the hatch is fully open.
and its still faster than that cheap actuator.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered

On a side note Dockrocker, why not try to call us directly to get some customer or tech service imput on our experience in regards to your actuator. We could have shed some light on our hardships with certain brands as well. We are using an actuator that has been in production for about three years now and have been very happy with it. In addition to eliminating all the wood in the sunlounge we found a combination that works quite nice. Thanks for the field imput though, we do appreciate it.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

OK, so who is pqflyby? Anyone know?

Quick Reply: A familiar subject - the POS hatch ram that PQ is apparently in love with...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.