Hatch Lifting Problem >

Hatch Lifting Problem

Notices

Hatch Lifting Problem

Old 07-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch Lifting Problem

I have been reading the treads and I notice that many of you are having problems with your motor hatch, either it is very slow or stripping gears. I don't know but just a thought, would adding Gas Lift Supports to aid the motor would help out
Old 07-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hatch Lifting Problem

All three of my Powerquests had the gas supports and all three were slow. The best one was the Viper but compared to other brands still slow. Don't understand why Powerquest cant fix !!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered

The hatch on my '96 Enticer *will not* go up unless I help it by lifting like hell while the motor is running.

What really chafes me is that at the Smoke on the Water run, I was beached next to my buddy's 31 Sonic. He hit the switch and the hatch was up in like 5 secs - and his hatch included 1/2 the back bench!

I agree PM, it is a fricking travesty that PQ can't get this resolved - I've had a '99 280 (that I bought new) and now the '96 290, and the hatch ram was a worthless POS in each one.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

I like the Powerquest boats and the company seems to have a strong focus on customer service, why they refuse to fix this is beyond me. Bill R suggested a relay box sold by Eddie marine. lt only costs $44.00 thus I think I will give it a try. Just waiting for a response from PQ as to whether they think it will work.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

I like the Powerquest boats and the company seems to have a strong focus on customer service, why they refuse to fix this is beyond me. Bill R suggested a relay box sold by Eddie marine. lt only costs $44.00 thus I think I will give it a try. Just waiting for a response from PQ as to whether they think it will work.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have to check mine and see what brand list they used becasue I don't have that problem.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Registered

If you have the old short stroke lift just replace it with one of the many aftermaket rams. It may require some minor engineering IE; getting under the hatch with it down to measure the closed length. I have a long stroke lift on an 02 that has worked well although I modified the ram to hatch connection. I will check the brand and post later if interested.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

you guys can make your own relay system to help the hatches along....heres how :-D
Attached Thumbnails Hatch Lifting Problem-safehatchwiring1.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Registered

Is there a item number for the Bosh relay and how many Amps one should look for
Old 08-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I would probably go with item#330-077 from the link below. The 40 amp relay with mounting tab.........you can also get the the dual socket relay holder to make life easier #330-078. I have used the 30amp realys before without any problems.......but if your hatch is unusually heavy then maybe go with a 40 or even a 50 amp realay. They do make sealed versions for more of a wet envirnment like a boat but again if its gonna be mounted above the bilge area i wouldnt worry about it. Even though the regular ones are not sealed they wont spark or ignite anything due to the plastic housing on them. Here where i have bought relays in the past from:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....ectGroup_ID=31

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Quick Reply: Hatch Lifting Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.